Windows 10 Apps and Network Settings Aren't Working With My Internet

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I just went into Command Prompt as an admin and put in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and after that, sfc /scannow . I was with Windows tech support because I couldn't download anything from the Microsoft Store. They sent an email of what to do. I did the steps accordingly, but when I tried to go back to the store, It said that I needed to connect to the internet. Now, I can access anything on chrome and pretty much everything that uses internet other than the Windows apps. Also, my network settings page is a bit freaky. I tried restarting my network settings, but that didn't work. Also, I don't have the Wi-Fi icon in my taskbar, but I am connected to the internet. The pictures of my network settings, windows apps, and instructions that Microsoft provided to me are here.

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 1803

Build:17134.345

Ryzen 2400g CPU

GTX 1050 TI GPU

8 GB Ram

Hello SlimeMaster

Can you please check if Windows Update service is enabled in the Services snap-in? (You can get there by typing services.msc in the Cortana search box.)

Also, please check if the hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) on your computer doesn't have any suspicious entries.

If you're unsure about the structure of the hosts file, you can refer to this thread to reset its contents.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

go to command prompt as an admin and type the command:
net.exe config rdr
ipconfig /all
and show the results.

for the first command you are looking to make sure you are logged into a Microsoft validated account so you can use the windows store.

the second command will show info on your network transports

you might also check your license status: see https://www.thewindowsclub.com/view-licensing-status-activation-id-windows-slmgr
(certain license hacks keep your system running and fake the activation on the local machine but when you go to the Microsoft server you can not install apps since you would have a bogus key)

and certain countries are not allowed to use the Microsoft app store (iran). just in case you are in one of them.

other cases should generate a error code