Cannot assign Chrome as default

Mar 26, 2018
Having removed edge I cannot assign chrome as default browser the only default listed is explorer.
Help please?
Thanks ...

Mar 26, 2018
If only it was that simple ... done that BUT every time I open chrome it asks 'set as default' select yes and it goes to apps defaults and the only option is microsoft.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what about Settings/Apps/Default Apps - scroll to bottom and choose Choose default applications by file type
Find the ones that have Explorer now and choose chrome from the listing
.html for instance

another approach is still in the Default apps menu, choose Set Defaults by Apps
choose Google Chrome and pick manage
it should show the file types it can work with, and what is currently default. click the choices and change to Chrome.

why is it explorer and not Edge? ON my PC I have Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Edge as choices.

Mar 26, 2018
Thanks for reply but clearly I think I might know a little more than you.. I removed the seriously invasive edge as do many Win 10 users ...

I also have Opera, the Opera Touch beta tester version. But although Chrome is installed it is not showing as an option. I am unsure as to why the default has been altered unless it is down to the removal of Edge.

Its not a drama as I still use it but wondered why the stupid default request keeps popping up every time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Perhaps you should have set a default before removing Edge. I clean installed Win 10 today to try to fix a problem I have and it was a simple matter of going to the default apps screen, clicking edge, choosing Chrome from list, and picking a text line underneath that said something along lines of I am sure I want to swap.