i can browse internet but it says im not connected to internet..

Oct 20, 2018
hey there!
i have an old core 2 duo system with 4 gb of ramm my question is that today when i boot my pc up a notification appears which says my my device is missing important updates i thought thats why my pc is getting slower in normal tasks so i tried to update my pc then it says im not connected to internet but im i can browse,download softwares and icon at the right bottom which shows that im connected or not says that im not connected soo what should i can do to resolve my problem by the way im connected through ethernet cable for internet and can you please suggest me what can i do for preventing my pc from getting slower in day to day tasks like watching youtube and browsing stuff [i have 4 gb of ram with is max my mobo can support]...thanks in advance....

Colif

Win 11 Master
You lucky to have a core 2 duo that runs windows 10 at all. I expect most stop getting driver updates around win 7 days.

What popped up? was it a Windows update process or a driver updater process?

do you have an ssd in PC or hdd? If hdd, have you tried a defrag? that could help with speed.

I could say that what is slowing you down is the progression of time. Since your CPU likely about 9 years old now, a lot of the newer software is designed for PC with more cores and faster CPU than what you have. So your PC struggles to run things it may have easily before, because the programs themselves have updated and are expecting you to have better than what you do.

A lot of core 2 machines have driver issues, but as long as it works just leave it be as making these machines work ok with win 10 is the hardest part.

About it being slower and struggeling there is not much you can do about it. It's been over 10 years since the core 2's came out and time won't be any easier on it. They are simply starting to become too slow for a lot of tasks and it doesn't help that your board caps out at 4gb of ram.

Sure an ssd will help it a decent bit but it won't make it magically play youtube better or do cpu intensive tasks faster.

TRENDING THREADS