Seagate 2tb hard drive failure to start.

Oct 21, 2018
Please please please help me! lol

I've had this hard drive since 2012 and it has 1000s and 1000s of videos pictures etc that I desperately do NOT want to lose.

I am not sure what information is needed so if anyone could please kindly elaborate as to what information needs to be supplied in order to receive help in the first place it would truly and sincerely be most appreciated. :)

I have also noticed that over the years that strangely some of the videos that I saved on this hard drive have mysteriously disappeared and can be found nowhere whatsoever which is really strange because it used to be very easy to find the videos and now when I put in the search for the videos it claims there are no videos with the descriptions,names,etc....

When I plug the power cord into the back of the hard drive and plug it into the wall and press the little black button instead of it flashing on it is essentially...dead in the water it just sits there not lighting up not working at all. ;(

I cant lose everything I put on this it will break my heart if it comes down to that. :(

Any help would be beyond appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend all. <3 :)

frustratedtimes1000 , get in touch with Seagate support here. They can determine what state the drive is in.

Now is a good time to learn about a back up plan so you do not have to go thru this painful situation again the future,.

Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose.
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example).
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster. Let's say an asteroid strikes your house or a tornado hits it, you want a copy somewhere else so you can retrieve it.