bring parts to bestbuy or frys?

Oct 21, 2018
Hello do stores like bestbuy or frys let u stop by and test to check if a motherboard is dead or alive? do they charge or normally do this? thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
If BestBuy does this, they will charge.
And I'm not sure if they do that for random parts you bring in.
And you may not get the part back for a week.
And you'll probably have no better clue of functionality than you do now.

What's going on that leads you to suspect the motherboard?

Oct 21, 2018

couple days ago my computer shutdown, monitor, keyboard and mouse stopped working. Thought it was a blackout that lasted for a sec because i can still hear fans in the computer, the corsair h100i was lit up still so i tried powering it off through the computer case after 5 attempts i shut it down through the button behind the PSU and now it won't turn on. I took off every component except CPU, PSU and motherboard and still no signals from mb, no beeps, lights, even took off the ram it didn't even beep. Tried the sticky for troubleshooting motherboard and still nothin. Did the paperclip method with psu and it worked along with powering fans. Psu, fans, and h100i also work and light up when i just connect the 8 pin psu to the motherboard but still no motherboard signals. When i plug in the 8 pin psu to motherboard and the 24 pin psu to motherboard then the psu, fans and h100i don't work and then again motherboard just dead no signals. I hope this info helps , thanks for reading and i appreciate the help man.

Edit: also tried changing lithium battery, and resetting cmos by removing 1-2 to 2-3 then back to 1-2 pin still no work