New and used system prices

Oct 25, 2018
Can someone tell me where I can find a gathering of people so I can kick up a fuss and raise a loud complaint about the prices of any type of system these days...for effectiveness...possibly gaming related...

a new system I would like would set me back approximately $6k AUD....
hello...6k...with a yearly depreciation of something like 25% or worse...
and a weekly income of approximately $700 AUD, and a rent cost of $500 AUD...
I thought PC was going to be cheap...
who is buying!!!???

Your local representives or higher up, alot of the cost is import taxes and shipping to be honest. Its not the fault of the product manufacturer's but your goverment's policies and the smaller market compared to other countries (less shipping volume= increased shipping prices).

At exchange rates only a 2080 Ti @ 1200 USD is about 1700 AUD.
Cheapest 2080 Ti I can find is a bit under 2k AUD, that honestly seems pretty on target for imports and shipping.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
a new system I would like would set me back approximately $6k AUD. hello...6k...with a yearly depreciation of something like 25% or worse...
At that price you're clearly overspending on some over the top build that offers poor performance per dollar. It's no surprise it would depreciate quickly.

I think you're going to have a hard time finding people sympathetic to your plight when it's revolves around you wanting to buy some ridiculous uber-build and whining about the prices.

Also, if your take home income is $700 weekly and your rent is only $500, unless you have dependents or other significant financial obligations you should have lots of disposable income. Even if it's $700 gross, I'm guessing you would still have a fair bit of money to play with (not sure what income tax is like in Australia).

USAFRet

Titan

People with either more income, or those being realistic about what they can actually afford.
$6,000 is way over the edge of high end, even in AUD.

You can't afford a Ferrari on a Ford budget.