Move a Windows 10 driver to 8.1?

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
So I've tried installing Windows 10 recently (because I needed a driver you can only get there). But Windows 10 had some issues, and Asus recommended to go back to 7 or 8.1, so I did that. However, I'm missing 2 drivers for my gamepad: 1 for the headphone jack and 1 for the gamepad itself. It's a pdp wired official licensed controller. I got the controller to work by searching the hw id on drp.su, but I can't get the id for the headphone jack. So basically whenever I plug in a headset, it just starts vibrating and won't stop (headphones won't work). On Windows 10 it works fine. I'm running a 64 bit os. If anyone can help me find a driver or tell me how to copy the driver to Windows 8.1 I would really appreciate it.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016

Thanks for the download link. Will try installing 8.1 and I will let you know if it helped!

It is not that easy as you might think. If Asus did not provide audio drivers for your laptop and OS, then your only other option is to search for generic drivers for the chip driving the audio, based on PID/VID strings.

If that fails as well (it's quite possible that such drivers simply don't exist for Windows 8.1) - get a $15 USB audio adapter with Windows 8.1 support, or get Bluetooth headphones.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016

It\s not a problem with the built in audio, but with the one from my gamepad. If I plug in a headset it starts vibrating & the headset won't work (also nothing happens in device manager)

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I've got some hw & compatible id's here:
MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints
GenericAudioEndpoint
SWD\GenericRaw
SWD\Generic
USB\VID_0E6F&PID_016C&IGA_00
USB\Class_01&Subclass_01&Prot_00
USB\Class_01&Subclass_01
USB\Class_01