Reset windows 10 for clean install problems

Oct 26, 2018
Hello. I bought a MSI GS63VR 7RF laptop off of ebay. The laptop worked fine, I played games, it was fast, but it was setup under the previous owners name. I looked up how to fix this and found I needed to reset Windows 10 and wipe the drive and set the computer back up using my information. Everything went fine and I went through the windows setup just fine also. When I logged into Windows however the computer is not working fine at all. I've tried loading the drivers from MSI for this laptop, but I don't think that's the problem. Window's itself seems to be the problem. Like it didn't load correctly. Several functions aren't available to my. Like I can't left click on the windows icon on the bottom left. Nothing happens if I do. I can however right click to bring up a menu with lots of options. Almost like it's a safemode option? Even when I click on some of these things I can't bring them up. I would try to reload windows again, but the option isn't available that I can find. I'd like to see if there is a way to reload Windows 10 again or if I need to go out and buy a copy of Windows and do a complete fresh install. I was able to get internet back on the computer by signing on at the screen where I put my passcode in to sign into windows. If I try signing in while in Windows I can only right click on the wifi icon on the bottom right to troubleshoot. If anyone has an idea of what's going on I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Oct 3, 2018
These problems can happen because of different reasons, it can be from an outdated network drivers, system file corruption, incorrect file permission, and synchronization issues. Try identifying the cause of the issue then let's look for possible solutions.

USAFRet

Titan

" I bought a MSI GS63VR 7RF laptop off of ebay"
"it was setup under the previous owners name"

For any used system, the very first thing to do is a full wipe and reinstall. No matter what problems may or may not exist.
You don't want any parts of the previous users data in there. None at all.

TRENDING THREADS