Why do consoles fanboys exist?

jjbalman

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Why do console fanboys exist?

Hello there.
Now I know that this is a question many people have asked, so if you can't be bothered to answer, I understand. But I haven't yet found a personally satisfying answer.

I mean, if I own a Honda civic type r for example. It's a nice car, it does it's intended job well, it provides good value for money in terms of performance. But never for a second am I going to argue that it is some kind of racing car, and is every bit as fast as a hypercar that costs 10x as much, or perhaps mock the fact that the hypercar costs so much and gets terrible fuel economy. That would make me look like a petty, insecure fool.

So why do console fanboys consistently go out of their way to crap on pc gaming? It just seems ridiculous and pointless to me. Can't they just enjoy what they own, and forget about the fact that there exists many systems that would outperform it? Similar to owning a hot hatch? It is just not necessary to make yourself look like a fool by trying to prove how superior what you own is. Whether you own a console or an expensive pc, the same applies.

I know that I could just say they're idiots and move on, but I genuinely want to know what makes someone behave that way. I personally have never for a second felt the need to either crap on pc gaming when I gamed on console, or felt the need to swing my proverbial dick around when I got a gaming pc.

Is it insecurity perhaps? I suppose it could be, but I have seen many financially secure people, people who could easily afford a high end system behave the same way, YouTubers like colteastwood come to mind.

I guess maybe I'm the idiot for not knowing, or letting it bother me. But I suppose that's why I'm asking.

I don't mean to stir up any animosity against anyone, I just want to understand.

I hope that I have posted this in the correct place.

Many thanks.

Why do PC gamers go out of their way to make posts like this?
"It just seems ridiculous and pointless to me. Can't they just enjoy what they own"

Easy. Some people like consoles. They are one and done systems, plug and play if you will. They will run whatever game they buy, no messing with settings, no worrying about compatibility, specs, etc.

PC or console it dosent matter, comparing the two is pointless.

USAFRet

Titan
People like what they like.
AMD v Nvidia
Intel v AMD
PS4 v XBox
Chevy v Ford
MyStuff v YourStuff

And if you don't like what I like, you are wrong, because I am always right.

"YouTubers like colteastwood come to mind"

You pay too much attention to utubers.

There are people who pick battles on things with almost no relevance to things they can even use.

Consider sports teams. Airbus vs Boeing. Car races. Whether the space shuttle, Concorde, or F35 was a 'good idea'/'success'.

People generate opinions. People hold them. People defend them.

Nov 15, 2018
Why you ask such a question, when you know the answer to it can never satisfy your narrative. There will never be a consensus on such things with every one has the right to choose what appeals them

TRENDING THREADS