GPU not working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
I have recently built a new PC and I thought I'm finally going to play some more demanding games and play my previous games at max settings, but I was wrong. The first thing is that I feel my processor is very slow although it shouldn't be. Games are not running good, some even WORSE than on my old laptop. Then I made a benchmark test in Cinebench and got a score lower than the worst core i5 processor that exists although I have a Ryzen 5 1600X which should be a very good CPU and in task manager it says that it is running at 3,7gHz. I don't get it, some games are literally unplayable... Next, the GPU. I have a $200 ASUS Radeon RX 560 4 GB VRAM GPU and I think it should handle most games all right especially because it has 4 GB of VRAM. But I am getting only 20 fps in GTA 5 and 25 fps in Civilization 5 Brave New World, games that have been running really well on my old laptop. I don't know what the problem is. I have a good power supply and a NVME M.2 SSD which, I don't know why, takes forever to load windows although I thought I will finally be able to start my computer in 15 seconds, but instead it takes me 30... Latest drivers are installed.
Just tell me whats wrong with it.

Brawly44

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
It could be a number of different things. More information about your system would be helpful, like what motherboard do you have. The first thing I would check is; did I remove all of the drivers from my previous graphics card. Use a good app like - DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove all remnants from your previous graphics card. The next thing I would do is launch msconfig, turn off all running and start-up applications to see if my boot times and gaming FPS improves. If so; then you have something running on your system interfering with your GPU and overall system performance.

bignastyid

Titan
$200 for a RX 560? You may have been ripped off there. 4Gb of vram on low end GPUs is pure marketing as the GPU is not powerful enough to make use of it. It's not going to run GTA V or most newer games at high settings.

Being a Ryzen what ram are you using? Because slow and/or single channel will hamstring Ryzens performance. Ryzens performance is tied very closely to ram speed bandwidth.

Also what OS are you using? Is it a fresh install or was it moved from am old build?

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
This is the first graphics card in the system and the system is brand new, here is the list of components:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
HyperX 8GB DDR4 RAM 2100mHz
ASRock AB350M mother board
ADATA XPG M.2 NVME SSD 128GB
ASUS Radeon RX560 4GB VRAM OC edition
SEAGATE BarraCuda 7200RPM HDD
Seasonic S12 80+ bronze 620W PSU
CPU is cooled well.
I also have to say I have some old 60HZ monitors that have VGA so I use displayport and HDMI adapters for them, but I didn't have problems with it in the past so I don't think I shouldhave with this one either.
I have disabled all unnecessary applications already.
Fresh install Windows 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.