(logitech g413 keyboard) sometimes some my key is registered twice when i pressed it once n some keys sometimes wont register

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
my "h" keys sometimes won't register and many more keys like this are doing the same. I need to press my h key hardly or I need to press it long enough atleast for 1 second. is it a hardware problem or a dust probably stuck on my mechanical keys? also my n key sometimes register twice and also alot of my keys are registered twice. I've tried to adjust the rate on my keyboard but it won't work.

Solution
You could try and remove the key cap and inspect the switches actuation as well as the base it's on. If you can replicate the issue on a donor system and you're within warranty period, I'd ask you to RMA it. On a side note, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and remove the key cap and inspect the switches actuation as well as the base it's on. If you can replicate the issue on a donor system and you're within warranty period, I'd ask you to RMA it. On a side note, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Solution

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017

thanks for the quick reply, I have switches actuation like this
http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logitech-G413-keypull.jpg
I don't know and I haven't found results how to clean switches actuation like this one. im not within the warranty period too so it's a bummer :(, i couldn't afford a new one because i'm really on budget right now. and also updating bios is so <mod edit> scary but i'll try later and i'm gonna update to you asap.

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language in these forums>