Which adapter do I need to use my RX 580 with a VGA monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aledronoto6

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Hello everybody.
Yesterday, I found an old VGA monitor (Samsung S19D300NY) on my parents' house, and I thought that using dual monitor is a good idea, (while I'm selling the monitors and an old Lenovo computer, so I can get a good 1080p FreeSync monitor), so I brought it to my home, and installed it next to my Lenovo D185wa, which is connected to my rx580 with an adapter going from DVI-D(monitor) to HDMI (Graphics card). So now I want to connect the Samsung one, but I don't know how to do it, since the rx580 doesn't have a VGA port, instead, it has one DVI-d and 3 DisplayPort connectors, so I looked over the internet for a DVI-D to VGA adapter, but it is very expensive (at least the ones that are active), so I searched if DisplayPort-VGA adapters exist, and they do, and they are available in two different ways, "cable ones" and "brick ones"(I hope you can understand this) and I don't know what to but, so, What are your recommendations? Have you ever bought an adapter from DisplayPort to VGA? Are they good?
PS: I accept recommendations for a new monitor too (to pair with the Rx580) (1080p, FreeSync)
PS2: Sorry if you don't understand some things, my native language is Spanish, feel free of asking what you don't understand.
Thanks for reading.

bskchaos

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
how many ports does your rx580 has?

cheapest way, use a dvi cable for your current lenovo monitor and use a cheap hdmi-to-vga adapter for the samsung

---------

cuantos puertos tiene tu rx580?

lo mas barato, usa un cable dvi en el monitor lenovo y un convertidor hdmi a vga para el samsung

aledronoto6

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
I'm from Chile, and I can purchase from my local stores.
I've already specified the number of ports, but, I will specify them again: 1 DVI-D, 1 HDMI 2.0, 3 DisplayPort. Here in Chile, I haven't seen anyone selling a DVI-D cable, so I need another solution.

aledronoto6

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
For the sake of the forum, I'm going to use Post reutilizing, I will share another doubt that I have. I want to overclock my i5-750 to 3,8GHz, and I have a perfect guide, an overclocking motherboard, but I'm missing the cooling solution, since I'm using the stock cooler, so at 3.2GHz, I get a maximum of 84C degrees in synthetics, you are probably going to say: "just buy a 212", but I still want to know the best of all worlds, so I'm going to say all the models of CPU cooling solutions that are available, with their retailing price: CM Blizzard T2 (14.80$), CM Hyper H4111R (19.54$), Alseye Aurora 120T (22.06$), CM Hyper H410R (23.17$), CM Hyper T4 (23.67$), bq! Pure Rock Slim (26.65$), DEEPCOOL Ice Edge Mini FS V2.0 (28.13$), Arctic Freezer 12 (32.86$), CM Hyper TX3 (33.90$), Tt Contact Silent 12 (34,25$), Alseye EDDY 120RD (36.86$), CM Hyper 212X (37.01$), RAIJINTEK THEMIS Evo (39.60$) and Arctic Freezer 33 (39.76$). Please consider value-performance, so I can get a better idea of the cooling solutions.

aledronoto6

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Actually, today I went to some stores and I found a DVI-D cable for 9$, so with my HDMI-VGA adapter that I have, I will be perfect.
And about the cooling solution, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS