Help me choose a new display

alps2007

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
Hi,
Really need help picking a monitor. As you can tell my PC is ageing but I feel as though it will last another year or so before complete rebuild. Currently looking at the following 3 monitors Asus XG32VQ, ASUS MG279Q and ASUS PB328Q. One thing is I really do want a 2k display as I believe getting a 1080 display will soon be outdated and I plan on having this next 5 years or so. Also 27 inch or above as well.

Im not a hardcore gamer and don’t really play many first person shooters I prefer quality over FPS 100%. As I mean I crank my setting as high as I can go and play at around 50-70 FPS. I usually play RPG and open world like ARK and The Forest as of late. My research shows most people get 144 hz display and sacrifice the way a game looks to achieve high frame rate to minimise lag and sync with 144 hz. Im pretty sure a 1080ti will not be able to run new games on ultra setting and achieve 144fps. Is this correct?

If so should I go with the ASUS PB328Q as its 75hz display? Its in my style and tom’s hardware give it glowing reviews.

Getting a 144hz panel just seems it might make my playing style worse unless I get one with G-sync which then pushes me to the $1000 for a display.

Thanks for any feedback

System specs below
3770k OCD to 4.5ghz
MOBO: 7zz sabertooth
Gtx980ti Hybrid
16gb ram

Also as you can tell im Only Looking at ASUS. Ive never once had a bad issue with them so feel some loyalty. However feel free to suggest other brands, maybe time to open my eyes :)

jjspelen

Prominent
Nov 1, 2018

Ok could you make a sort list of what you really want in this monitor and what would be nice but not necesary? And what you want to play with it and what fps if I need to consider it ofcourse.

Could you correct me if i make any and I mean any spelling mistakes, I'm trying to get better at English. thanks!