Help me to choose my new CPU!!

Nov 6, 2018
Hello everyone, I am a freelancer graphic designer, I make videos promotional adds for web, social media and TV. Multiple clients and my business is growing fast. I need my current PC specs are:

Intel i7-2600k 4.5Ghz - Fan cooled
    16GB ram
    GTX 970
    Seassonic
    And tons of SSD / HHD storage with a 1 TB 970 Evo in to a PCIe adapter.

I mainly use after effects for most video transitions, animations and effects. But also use Adobe Premier Pro and recently I am sometimes using Davinci Resolve.

I want something that I can use it's full potential and not waste money on something that is overkill and will not benefit as much. I render videos in 1080p and 2k, but now as clients demands, they need 4k. This on my current system is such a hassle. I need to upgrade ASAP.

This is my possible list searching in the internet:

AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
    AMD Ryzen 2700x
    Intel Core i9-9900k Skylake
    Intel Core i9-7920X Skylake

What you guys think it's bets? If you have any other suggestions, please do make them! Since is for work this is a investment I am willing to make.

Thank you!

PS. I do gaming to, but that is not my main purpose. But it would be nice to game on it.

From your list the Threadripper from AMD is going to give your the best performance and the highest end "bang for your buck". The i9 9900K is overpriced and will be outperformed with ease for vast majority of your tasks by the Threadripper 2950X (it has 8 more cores and 16 more threads over the i9 9900K). The Threadripper will also outperform the i9 7920X as it has four more cores and 8 more threads. If your gaming Intel is the processor of choice due to a very slight advantage in IPC (Coffee Lake processors as and Zen+ has the same IPC as Skylake) and higher overall clock speeds. If your doing content creation the AMD processors usually become the processors of choice for anything outside of Adobe (which tends to lean more on single core performance). Even then AMD processors have no issues with Adobe, I use Adobe Photoshop and Premier a lot and have no issues on my R7 2700X, and the Threadripper 2950X has twice the cores and threads for even more performance. I can attest that I also render a lot of videos and have been very happy with my R7 2700X.

Most content creation utilizes a lot of cores and threads and the Threadripper will truly shine in those applications. If it is in your budget then a new build with the Threadripper 2950X is hands down your very best option of the processors in your list. The Threadripper 2950X will be an absolutely massive upgrade over your i7 2600K, the IPC is much higher and you will be getting 12 more cores and 24 more threads of performance over your i7 2600K.