Long boot time (2-3 minutes)

dancerehab

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
My 11 months old pc takes 3mins to boot from the ssd. I noticed this a few days ago. normally it takes 26secs which was so okay because i am using a sandisk(ssd plus) drive. Researched today and someone suggested that i update the BIOS (i have been holding back from updating the BIOS from the prev latest one). Anyway so i updated and all hell broke loose, pc could not boot successfully, was getting a (bad system config) BSOD after every boot attempt. It's been long ever since i experienced a BSOD. BSOD issue used to be there but disappeared 5months ago naturally. I decided to load the prev BIOS, well the BSOD is still there but pc boots on 2nd attempt, still after 2-3 minutes. I have no idea why this is happening. Someone kindly help

Dugimodo

Distinguished
When you update the BIOS you need ot set the SATA mode and boot order again and any other changes you made as well.
The BIOS version should not effect boot times, and if it has boot up in 26 seconds in the past with that BIOS why would you suspect it for 3 min boot times now. More likely it's either a software issue with windows or the PC is waiting for some hardware to initialise and it's taking a long time.

Have you added any new devices or left something plugged into the USB ports?

dancerehab

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018

I was wondering the same thing. when i assembled the pc and over-clocked(mild) last year December the BSOD was because the OC wasn't stable but i settled for stable settings. when i updated the BIOS all along i would refix the settings. Funny enough BSOD's disappeared 5 months ago, never experienced any and pc has always been booting in less than 30 seconds. Recently i noticed the boot times were long that's why i updated my BIOS today to last months recent version but ooh well the boot time was not fixed, also BSOD's suddenly appeared again even after fixing my overclock settings (well even without overclocking the pc boots after a second attempt)