Jun 20, 2017
Hi,

I bought a pc 2 months ago with the following specs:

I5-8600k
Zotac 1070ti amp extreme
Asus z370-f mobo
16 gb trident z
Corsair h100i v2

So 3 days ago, I uploaded a video to YouTube but forgot to shut down my computer, so it was on the entire night. The next morning, I shut it down and after 3 hours switch it on again but this time it's not powering on. Well it is, but after 2 seconds or so it would shut down. This on/off process would repeat until I'd manually switch it off. I waited 2 days, tried switching it on right now and it worked, though the boot up process took a bit longer than usual. Was just watching some YouTube when it suddenly shut down, and now I'm getting a bsod. Rip. It's restarting everytime, attempting to, "repair" but everytime after repair it would end up on the bsod, each time with a different error message. Any help on how I can fix this? Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Leaving PC on all night shouldn't have any effect.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - useful boot disk.

What PSU? Do you use a surge protector?

Could try running memtest86 on the ram, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher is likely reason for random errors. remove ram sticks which get errors

slow boot process could mean PC is waiting for a component to answer and it eventually stops waiting. Try starting PC with as little attached as possible, run of the Intel HD graphics instead of GPU, 1 stick of ram (you know works - see above). no unessential USB devices

Colif

Win 11 Master

not always, it can be drivers or just windows messing up too... often its drivers. Really depends which BSOD he is getting.

Colif

Win 11 Master
"What PSU? Do you use a surge protector?"

Cooler master v650 and yes I use a power surge protector.

I cannot guess why you are getting BSOD out of blue like this, maybe a part failed, maybe a windows update occurred while PC was left on. It could be anything as there are over 255 BSOD codes you can get so predicting which one you got is difficult. There are more regular ones but even then, they have so many different potential causes I just can't say.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Stop replying in private messages

"255 BSOD codes you can get so predicting which one you got is difficult."

And the problem is, I get a different one every time it attempts to repair or restart. Any chance there's a problem with the motherboard? There's a small led on the side of the motherboard that is blinking white and yellow instead of the usual orange.

motherboard manual - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_STRIX_Z370-F_GAMING/E13351_ROG_STRIX_Z370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

page 1-1 shows LED onboard, only one with color options shows
Boot - Yellow Green
VGA - White
DRAM - Yellow
CPU - Red
I don't see orange as a choice?
Power led is just below it, it may show as orange

Have you checked Ram?

TRENDING THREADS