Why does windows 10 keep freezing randomly on my pc?

Oct 16, 2018
So I recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on it. There are two problems Im encountering again and again:
1:Windows keeps freezing randomly even when im not playing games and I have to do a hard restart by turning the power supply off and back on.
2:Sometimes I get the error- "clock_watchdog_timeout" and then my computer restarts.
These two errors keep happening even when Im not playing games.
Does anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix this??

My specs:
Asus tuf x470 plus gaming motherboard
Amd ryzen 5 2400g
Corsair valueselect 8gb ddr4 ram
Seagate 500 gb hdd (windows is installed on it)
Gigabyte PB500W psu

Ps: I dont have a graphics card yet since this is my first build. And the motherboard is a little overkill because i plan to upgrade in the future.

I also intalled all the latest drivers and updated my BIOS which did not solve the problem

Guys please help me fix this problem

Thanks,
Arnav

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
I used to get that "clock_watchdog_timeout" error when my CPU was not receiving enough voltage when I had it OC'd. You might want to check the Voltage going to the CPU. Do you have the CPU OC'd? Do you have the voltage set to manual or auto? If it's OC'd, try setting it back to stock settings and see if the error goes away.

Oct 16, 2018

My cpu is not OC'd and its running on stock settings woth the voltage set to auto. My BIOS is also up to date. All settings are default

Corsair valueselect 8gb ddr4 ram

No mention of which ValueSelect model you have. It is probably the wrong memory frequency for the Ryzen 5 2400G.

Dual channel memory has shown to be best for processor graphics.

Ryzen 5 2400G
Supported memory: DDR4-2667
The processor also supports DDR4-2933 Single-rank memory when using two DIMMs.

Oct 16, 2018

This is the ram I have:

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Value-Select-Memory-CMV8GX4M1A2400C16/dp/B06XY8Z2NC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541853134&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+value+select+ddr4

It says that it supposed to work with ryzen processors.