Nvidia's Graphics Cards Are Ready for Battlefield V

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
While I always have liked Nvidia being driver proactive, I get tired of being hounded to update my GPU drivers everytime a new game is launched, that I don't own.

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Nvidia would be remiss if they didn't offer optimised drivers for new games for those that do own them. A little exclamation point in your systray is hardly hounding.

Nov 11, 2018
According to the GPUCheck.com FPS Calculator, the game can be easily run even on AMD hardware. With some fine tuning, even on highest settings.

Jim90

Distinguished
"Ray tracing support is a primary selling point for the company's Turing-based RTX graphics cards, and Battlefield V has been set up as the feature's poster child in the last few months."

Also interested to know if Ray tracing will be enabled at launch or is that to go into the same permanent holding pattern as Tomb Raider?

Pulled right from Battlefield forums:
DirectX Raytracing (DXR) – DXR enables realistic real-time ray traced reflections in Battlefield V for players with NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards including the GeForce RTX 2070, 2080, and 2080 Ti. An early release of DXR will be available in an upcoming patch, near the Battlefield V Deluxe Edition release window. EA, DICE, and NVIDIA will also continue to optimize this implementation and deliver regular updates after its release.
via:
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161118/battlefield-v-pc-players-performance-guide

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Nvidia may be ready for Battlefield 5, but Battlefield 5 is not ready for gamers. Too many missing features! Where is ray tracing? Where is battle royale mode? I got burned by FatShark with Vermintide 2's list of promised features -- half in which never were implemented and some that were quietly deleted a month after launch. I can't take EA DICE at their word that promised features will actually be implemented. There are so many good games to play these days that it's not worth risking buying a game on the promise it may be completed later.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I got the new driver and attempted to play battlefield V.. some said the would have the same kind of game play as titan 2 afraid not.. its WW11 only thing different, ok I just played twice and getting killed is sooo easy.

DxR game patch and drivers are out. I updated and gave it a whirl. My fps took a hefty hit! I was averaging 30fps 4k ultra when I normally hold 60fps. You have to enable dx12 in order to select DxR, that alone causes frame time issues. My CPU usage was normal for the game(single player), but my GPU was pegged at 99%. The game looks amazing to begin with, but the ray tracing is pretty cool.

I played few a multiplayer matches on my 1440p 144hz G-sync monitor and it averaged I'd say 56fps. I normally cap the FPS @ 120 and it holds it pretty well. It actually felt pretty smooth though so I think they ironed out the DX12 issue.

I just found out you can adjust the level of ray tracing effects. I'll try lower levels and see how much it affects framerates.

I was able to adjust ray tracing effects to low. My average FPS was now 75 @1440p. Game still looks great.