LG Monitor shuts off after few seconds

Symb1

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
Hey, I would like to know if my monitor is dead or if it can be still fixed. The problem is that when I turn on my monitor I can see LG's logo but after 3 seconds +- it completely shuts off itself. At first I thought that the culprit might be my GPU or PSU but when I had my pc turned off, it used to show "No Signal" message. I'm a bit confused since it looks like it works but only for a brief period time.

Symb1

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
It's an old monitor, link - https://www.lg.com/my/monitors/lg-E2250T-led-monitor
It only has VGA and DVI ports and my GPU supports only DVI and HDMi so testing different ports isn't really an option for me. But as I wrote I had it ON many times without PC running and it still showed the "No Signal" message with LG logo, but now, few seconds after touching power button it shuts itself down after like 3 seconds while only showing me LG logo. Even the light under power button turns off.

sounds like the power board or main board in the display is going bad. most time from age it a bad cap.
if you can open the back of the display or google parts for the display see if the cost of the part to replace it worth it.
if it is a cap issue there may be youtube guild on what caps need to be repalced and there cost. if the cost it cheap a local repair shop should be able to replace them at a flat rate.