cant replace my edited system files with my backed up system files

Rhyseee

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
hi guys i followed a guide to get an old windows mouse working at more than 125hz i backed up

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\usbport.sys

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys

but when i try to replace the edited files to revert the changes i get this message

5Tuq2tq.png

the guide i followed had steps that put me into safe mode and to enable test signing through cmd...

the problem is now when i turn off safe mode all my usb ports stop working...so im stuck with safe mode on and i cant play many games untill i can restore my usb port system files i think...this is the guide...

link removed

any help will be appreciated

Colif

Win 11 Master
system files probably controlled by a user called TrustedINstaller. That would explain the permissions error
Windows 10 blocks old drivers from loading at startup so if those mice drivers aren't signed to work with win 10, it will block them. Even if you place them in that folder and replace defaults.

I get a warning just trying to enter that site... so i removed link

I don't know if it will help but could try running system restore. Since you know how to get to safe mode, its in the 2nd blue menu in advanced startup
Troubleshoot/advanced/system restore. It should have a copy of driver locations and actual drivers, so only problem is when the last restore point was.

Other option is, in safe mode,
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC