ASUS VG248QZ only shows about 60hz,even if it's set at 144hz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2018
So,i just bought myself a brand new ASUS VG248QZ,wich is a monitor capable of 144hz.The problem is,it is set at 144hz in Nvidia Control Panel,also in Windows.But,in UFOTest,even tho it detects 144hz,there's no difference between 144hz and 72hz.It's much more noticeable between 120hz vs 60hz,which is absolutely identical,on any pixel speed.And overall,there's absolutley no difference between 60hz and 144hz.I can't see it,anywhere.I bought it because i played about a week ago at a lan event on 144hz,and it felt awesome,i could notice the difference,so much that when i got home 75hz felt like garbage.My graphics card is a gtx 1050ti with an i5 6600,so that shouldn't be a problem.When in comes to windows settings/nvidia,i've tried everything.And I am using the DVI dual cable that it came with.

Nov 26, 2018
Its because this monitor is skipping frames. So they will tell you that its 144hz but its actually more crap than my 75hz monitor. Just bought the same as you and im bringing it back to the store today.. Get your darn money back!!

Nov 13, 2018

Man,spread the god damn word around so people won't buy this monitor.I bought 2,both of them with the same problem on 2 different pcs.I called asus support and told them about the frameskipping,they didn't even know what that is.They just sit around reading the product manual.That fucking guy told me i couldn't see the difference because the human eye can't see more that 60 fps.Respect asus

Nov 26, 2018

boi!! Called them aswell and he said that mine was broken under transport or something lmao.. got my money back yesterday and bought me a ASUS MG248QE (its lit!!) dont know why i stuck with asus but its hella nice

Status
Not open for further replies.