Fresh windows 10 install, BSOD

moonfooy

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Hi,
I just built a new pc and when I went to install windows 10 from the usb, I get to pick 64 bit and it starts to install and the blue screen with error code "process 1". I've tried re seating the ram and only using one at a time, but that hasn't changed anything. I've looked through some forums but nothing has really helped. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Parts:
-Msi z370 gaming m5 motherboard
-I7-8700k
-Gtx 1080ti evga
-16 GB ddr4 trident z
-Thermaltake 850w tough power rgb psu
- 2 500gb 850evo
- 1 2tb western digital black

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried making a new USB? it seems odd, the error should be process1_initialization_failed and it sounds to me like it might be a fault of the installer as the fixes all assume you have win 10 installed already

picking 64bit is right at start of install so try another USB 1st

what is a parts list of PC?

moonfooy

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

I just added my parts to the original post. And my apologies, that is the the error i'm getting. I'm using the windows USB that came with the purchase of windows 10. How would i check if windows is already installed?
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
Only have the boot drive in PC when you install, win 10 has a habit of putting its boot partition on another drive if its offered lots of free space, and 3 drives sure adds up to lots of that.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Try making another installer on another USB, if anything it will be the newest version of win 10 so save updates once you get it on. I have seen people have problems with the store purchased installers before. Both are from Microsoft anyway.

the checks for the error if windows was installed include system file checker. Since there isn't anything on the drive, you shouldn't need to do that. Only place system files would be is the USB at that point.