Not Sure What Went Wrong or What I Did

Nov 14, 2018
To start off my problem, I have Windows 10 on a desktop(AMD Ryzen 5, MSI RX560, and Gigabyte Gaming 3 MOBO). Since having it(almost a year), the screen on start-up would sometimes fail to load any image and just be a blank colour. Not sure if that has anything to do with this new problem.

I haven't downloaded anything new, however, when I booted up into my secondary account(my admin account is separate), everything was blank. Got error messages whenever I tried to open something pinned to my taskbar. My boot drive is a Samsung EVO850 SSD and my storage is a WD Blue. Start menu wouldn't open, however task manager would. I could sign in and out, but nothing else. Even the calculator app wouldn't open. I signed into my admin account for the pc, and all my icons were there, but error messages whenever I tried to access anything.

So I figured my HDD or something wad corrupted. So I tried to reset my pc through the Windows 10 repair startup. I got stuck(for 2 hours) on "Just a Moment", and decided I had enough. So I dug up my Windows 10 disk, popped it in, and thought I could simply write over my old partition. I thought I did all that, however, when I opened up my new Windows partition, my 500gb SSD is now only 250ish GBs and my WD Blue doesn't show up.

TL;DR I have 2 Windows 10 partitions on accident, idk how to get rid of one or the other, plx help

Colif

Win 11 Master
resets seems to break easy

remove hdd from PC. Stops win 10 trying to install boot partitions onto it.
fresh install win 10 on ssd (this will include wiping all the partitions so should get your space back
I would download media creation tool and burn a new USB, only as it will be newest version of win 10 released today

After a broken reset, I would suggest a fresh install
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished.

Put hdd back in when win 10 installed only once.

TRENDING THREADS