BSOD Help Please!

Nov 14, 2018
I am having BSOD issues with my computer. It happens after my computer has been on for 2 or 3 minutes regardless of the task I am doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The errors are inconsistent (Kernel security check failure, bad pool header, pfn list corrupt, IRQL not less or equal, system thread exception not handled, attempted to write read only memory, critical process died, page fault in non paged area, k mode exception not handled, memory management, etc.) This inconsistency has made troubleshooting difficult for me.

I have tried the following attempted fixes with no success.

• Hard drive wipe and reinstall of Windows 10
    Installed Windows 10 updates and run verifier
    Driver updates
    Memtest86
    Windows memory diagnostics tool
    Intel processor diagnostic tool
    Sfc /scannow
    Chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r
    Whocrashed indicated ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe which is not all that helpful

System Specs (no overclocking)

• CPU - Intel - Core i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard - Asus - Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Ram - Kingston - FURY 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    Hard drive - Samsung - 960 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
    GPU - Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB G1 Gaming Video Card
    Power supply - EVGA - 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Here is the dump file.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Solution
I also had this problem with my old motherboard (B150 -D3H Gigabyte). I also tried almost every thing that you've mentioned above but nothing fixed that issue. then it suddenly stopped working (kind of starting run for sometime and then dead) and i also had to buy a new one (B250 PRIME A ). I never change any thing other than the motherboard , since then i never saw any BSOD error.
But i'm not sure, in my case it could be motherboard failure. So far i experienced this is kind of worst thing to face of.

my suggestion try a different motherboard and see weather if you the same error again and CPU, HDD, RAM check everything one by one including GPU, PSU
a bug in this file could explain the problems seen on the system:
(data that is wrong in the dumpfile could just be due to a bug in this driver, rather than malware)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise driver
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys Tue Jun 12 11:02:57 2018
this driver might need to match your bios version, but your bios is 2 years older.
this looks like your machine:https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

if it is, try the bios update and any driver updates and maybe the problem will just go away.
this driver might need to match your bios version also:
TeeDriverW8x64.sys
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver
Timestamp: Wed Apr 11 07:46:32 2018

also note that the enterprise driver does not match the driver provide by the motherboard vendor. You might want to use the vendors driver which is older.

you might remove the driver if you can use the Microsoft version. or look for a update or a down grade version.
----------
can you start cmd.exe as an admin and run
findstr.exe /s /m /l RvaL *.sys

and see what file name it returns?

system had a bunch of cpu cores trying to prefetch some files
one core was trying to delete and clean up one file in virtual memory (pagefile.sys) and ended up bugchecking.

lots of threads waiting to get access.

many of the waiting threads are running thru a chain of filter drivers.
you might start cmd.exe as an admin and run
!fltkd.filters 1

machine info:
5: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 4008
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Update Status = REG_DWORD 0
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ GenuineIntel
MSR8B = REG_QWORD c200000000
5: kd> !sysinfo cpumicrocode
Initial Microcode Version: 000000c2:00000000
Cached Microcode Version: 000000c2:00000000
Processor Family: 06
Processor Model: 5e
Processor Stepping: 03
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 3.0, DMIVersion 0, Size=4361]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 12
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 3007
BiosReleaseDate = 11/29/2016
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = SKU
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = Z170-A
BaseBoardVersion = Rev 1.xx

I also had this problem with my old motherboard (B150 -D3H Gigabyte). I also tried almost every thing that you've mentioned above but nothing fixed that issue. then it suddenly stopped working (kind of starting run for sometime and then dead) and i also had to buy a new one (B250 PRIME A ). I never change any thing other than the motherboard , since then i never saw any BSOD error.
But i'm not sure, in my case it could be motherboard failure. So far i experienced this is kind of worst thing to face of.

my suggestion try a different motherboard and see weather if you the same error again and CPU, HDD, RAM check everything one by one including GPU, PSU

Solution
Nov 14, 2018

Thank you for the suggestions!

I downloaded the motherboard bios to a usb flash drive and ran an update. I then deleted the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise driver. In the device manager there is a ! by Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family Sata AHCI Controller. When I have windows check for an update, it says that the most up to date driver is being used. I am unable to remove the TeeDriverW8x64.sys because the file is in use. The system is still crashing mostly giving off Page Fault in Nonpaged Area saying win32full.sys failed (I ran a chkdks and sfc /scannow again just to be safe).

I tried pasting in the cmd indstr.exe /s /m /l RvaL *.sys but I got an error.

The !fltkd.filters 1 gave me an error message too.

Nov 14, 2018

I will try a new motherboard if I can track one down. How do I test the PSU?

try starting control panel, -> hardware and sound->device manager
find ide ata/atapi controllers, expand see if there is a intel sata ahci
right mouse click, select driver tab, select update driver button select
browse my computer for driver software
select let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
should be at least 2 entries. the intel version and the standard sata ahci controller
(Microsoft generic version)
select the standard version
then select the next button
close every thing and it should tell you to reboot. reboot and see if it helps.

you can then go to the windows control panel a(add/remove programs) nd uninstall the intel software for the driver this will remove the service that talks to the driver so the service will not put errors in your error log.

Without moving towards the PSU try to start with the motherboard. Because most of the time this problem sticking around with HDD, Motherboards some times on CPU too. try check the motherboard with something else. its better if you can find same model one or something with same chipset and socket. Try and let me know what you get i'm also searching for a proper solution for this one

Nov 14, 2018

I am currently waiting for a new motherboard to arrive in the mail. It is a different board, but it has the correct chipset (the one I was using is out of stock for most vendors and massively overpriced by the few that still carry it).

I will provide an update after I try switching the motherboard.

Nov 14, 2018
A new motherboard did not solve the problem. This issue is a real ghost. I am taking my computer to a repair shop to see if they can diagnose it for me. I will post an update later on this.

Nov 14, 2018
My computer is fixed now. We ended up having to individually swap out parts to find the issue. The problem was a failing processor. Somehow, it was managing to pass diagnostic tools; however, swapping the CPU fixed the problem entirely.

cool, sometimes when you get a replacement cpu it will be a newer stepping level.
here is your old one:
Identifier = REG_SZ Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Initial Microcode Version: 000000c2:00000000

each stepping level has a different list of fixed bugs.

you system did not have any microcode updates (patches that fix cpu bugs)