Computer keeps crashing after new GPU (EVGA GTX 1070-ti), CPU (AMD FX 9590), PSU (EVGA BQ 750 W 80), and CPU fan install

Nov 15, 2018
Background info:
Hi everyone. Computer keeps crashing even after I had someone install parts 2 weeks ago. Before this, my computer was already crashing daily for a month. During the repairs it was discovered the CPU had partially melted on the board. Crashes now happen 3 to 5 minutes into playing, WoW and Rust respectively. Both games are played in lowest settings. Crashes used to happen at the same rate when I had an AMD FX-8350 and a Nvidia GTX 660 with PSU @ 400.

Repairs already done:
New parts: GPU, CPU, PSU, and CPU fan
Used parts: SSD drives (because they died during installation)
Old parts: motherboard, RAM
Updates/ clean installs: drives, Windows 10, BIOS
I turned off the GPU turbo.

Concerns:
My external fan reader that came with my old Strike-X case seems to be off from what HWMonitor reports back for temperatures.

Specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
AMD FX-9590 3 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 (CPU 1) 24 °C

Graphics
HP 2009 (1600x900@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (EVGA) 37 °C

Storage
232GB Seagate ST3250318AS ATA Device (SATA ) 27 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA ) 25 °C

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0

Audio
High Definition Audio Device

PSU
EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ Bronze 750W, Semi Modular, Power Supply 110-BQ-0750-V1

CPU fan
Cooler Master GeminII S524 Version 2 CPU Air Cooler with 5 Direct Contact Heat Pipes (RR-G5V2-20PK-R1)

Crash @ 2:38 PM, started Steam for Rust @ 2:27 PM:

11/15/2018 2:24:27 PM
ERROR
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection and APPID Unavailable to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

11/15/2018 2:27:03 PM
Error: Failed to add firewall exception for C:\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe

1/15/2018 2:27:04 PM
ERROR
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user CYBERTRON\B. Catalani SID (S-1-5-21-2203967096-2093949617-1402359384-1000) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

11/15/2018 2:37:50 PM
ERROR
Session "dfa2c640-651d-488d-a479-2fd7a7ca6e29" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

11/15/2018 2:41:35 PM
ERROR
The previous system shutdown at 2:22:20 PM on ‎11/‎15/‎2018 was unexpected.

11/15/2018 2:41:16 PM
CRITICAL
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

11/15/2018 2:41:36 PM
ERROR
Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

11/15/2018 2:42:00 PM
WARNING
Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.
Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested
User has logged on with AAD credentials: No
Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested
Windows Hello for Business post-logon provisioning is enabled: Not Tested
Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Not Tested
User is not connected to the machine via Remote Desktop: Yes
User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested
Machine is governed by none policy.
See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=832647 for more details.

11/15/2018 2:42:36 PM
ERROR
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user CYBERTRON\B. Catalani SID (S-1-5-21-2203967096-2093949617-1402359384-1000) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
not the best CPU to choose if you trying to reduce crashes as it runs hot and I am not sure motherboard built to cope with it.

If you were crashing before replacing these new parts, its likely cause is something that was there before you replaced them.
so that would be
Old parts: motherboard, RAM
and if CPU melted on motherboard already, I would seriously question its ability.

these are just event viewer errors, the only ones related to your problem are these two:
11/15/2018 2:41:35 PM
ERROR
The previous system shutdown at 2:22:20 PM on ‎11/‎15/‎2018 was unexpected.

11/15/2018 2:41:16 PM
CRITICAL
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
and only as they the result of a report win 10 runs at startup to see if PC shutdown right. They are a reaction, not the cause. It seems to show windows doesn't know why its crashed, which points at a hardware cause

An FX-9590 with ANY mid tier or higher graphics card, whether overclocked or not, needs a VERY GOOD 850w PSU, MINIMUM.

Also, for the 9000 series AMD CPUs, you want to use ONLY the VERY highest quality motherboards. The UD3 is very good, for lower tiered CPUs like the 8000 series or even the 9370, but for the 9590 you need a board with only the very highest end VRM configuration possible AND you need EXCEPTIONAL case and CPU cooling. Three intakes and three exhaust fans would not be overkill. Custom loop water cooling using a monoblock to cool the VRMs and northbridge in addition to the CPU, would not be overkill.

I'm really interested in how your CPU "melted" though. I think they might have taken you for a ride on that one since it takes about 1,414°C to melt silicon and there is no imaginable way that could have happened no matter what was going on with your system. You'd need special equipment or a small sun to reach that temperature.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I agree with the sentiment of both above. If you had those problems before you have a bad motherboard or bad ram. Adding the worst CPU ever created just exacerbates the problem.

In addition you are trying to use a lower end air cooler with an FX9590, complete nono. You need a 240mm AIO liquid cooler for it.

If you can get your money back for some of this I would suggest it, there is no path to getting this working that isn't a waste of money. The minimum you need is a new motherboard and a liquid cooler. The good boards for it have been out of production for a couple years now, so you will be spending $250-$300 on those parts, just to be slower at gaming than a new i3.

Or a high end cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 or D15, Thermalright Silver arrow IB-E Extreme or Thermalright Legrand Macho RT, Phanteks PH-TC14PE or Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Universal.

Personally, not to disagree because the option you expressed for a liquid cooler is certainly MILES above what he currently has, almost regardless of AIO model so long at it is at least a 240mm (320mm would be better for that heat miser) however I feel like with the troubles that all boards, even the Crossfire or UD7 boards, have with the VRMs and massive VRM throttling, you probably REALLY want to reserve the air coolers ability to offer some residual airflow over the VRMs.

Just keeping the CPU cool is not enough on these configurations, as Reynod can attest to. Plenty of people with high end loops that DON'T include the VRMs or northbridge that still have a terrible time with throttling or shut downs due to overheating on that portion of the board when you take away what little airflow they tend to get from some kind of air movement.

Better still would be liquid cooling AND some kind of home brewed custom fan configuration using a really good 80 or 90mm fan to throw air directly at the VRMs, but then we're starting to talk about some significant investments which like you said is really NOT worth doing to this platform especially considering the motherboard isn't elite, the cooler is weak and the platform is garbage to begin with.

All of which ignores the fact that the PSU is simply not good enough, with too low of capacity, for that configuration. You have a very high end power draw CPU with a top shelf high power draw graphics card and a low quality BQ power supply that is about 100w below the MINIMUM you would want to see with this configuration. An EVGA, Seasonic or Corsair 1000w unit would be a lot more appropriate but this platform is simply not worth making all these investments into when for about 300 bucks, probably less than the cost of those components by a good amount, you could simply get an AMD Ryzen system that destroys that 9590 platform on it's very best day.

We've said and done all this before, I don't understand why it's so hard for people to find this information.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

This right here is the only way I've ever seen one of these platforms stable. An AIO to get the heat exchange away from the VRM area, and active cooling on the VRMs. Aside from the fact his board sounds like its clearly defective as well.

I only mentioned the AIO alone because its just the beginning of his problems, no reason to get too far into it if its all a waste of money. In the end the cooler he has is useless on this processor, and the defective board is the nail in the coffin.

Exactly. This probably requires a new motherboard, cooler, power supply and a custom modification, just to run adequately, and that's assuming the probably damaged motherboard did not also damage the new CPU. It's really just a waste of money. Better spent to upgrade to a newer platform and get a better power supply.