Why do I have to login to Tom's Guide when I'm already logged in here?

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Just as it say in the headline. If I read a post in Tom's Hardware (say something promoting a post on Tom's Guide) and follow a link that goes to Tom's Guide, it asks me to login again if I want to comment. Why? It makes no sense, I already here. Or are Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide completely separate? Do I need to register for both?

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

Thanks for the clarification. But it still makes little sense. You explained how it is, and I know that already but you didn't explain why. Everyone's email and password are just the same on both sites - nobody registers separately, so the whole effort of having to login twice is pointless. All that is happening is making people needlessly jump through hoops.

The developers haven't told us why, therefore we can't tell you why. Both sites will be undergoing a major update/upgrade sometime in the near future and this may change. Until then, it is what it is. For now just log into both sites, and do not log out. The cookies will remain active for at least 30 days and you will not have to "jump through hoops" every time you visit.