Solved Closed

How can I find out the number of devices on my network?

Hey there. My internet is acting really sluggish at times. I've done the usual checks but each time I try to connect using my IPv4 in the browser, it says it's refusing to connect. Please advise.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about find number devices network
  1. Usually your primary router can give you a list of all the DHCP clients. The app "fing" -- https://www.fing.io/ will show you all connected devices.
  2. kanewolf said:
    Usually your primary router can give you a list of all the DHCP clients. The app "fing" -- https://www.fing.io/ will show you all connected devices.


    I don't have access to the router itself. I live in a dorm and I think someone is using the wifi to get into other peoples devices. I know every device in this dorm. Please advise.
  3. Best answer
    Amy_44 said:
    kanewolf said:
    Usually your primary router can give you a list of all the DHCP clients. The app "fing" -- https://www.fing.io/ will show you all connected devices.


    I don't have access to the router itself. I live in a dorm and I think someone is using the wifi to get into other peoples devices. I know every device in this dorm. Please advise.


    That is a different problem. You need to bring that to the RA and the IT folks. They are the only ones that have the insight to a problem like that.

    To protect yourself you can run firewall software on your devices.
  4. The "IT Guy" is a student and very uncooperative. Please be more helpful.
  5. Amy_44 said:
    The "IT Guy" is a student and very uncooperative. Please be more helpful.



    I gave you a link to an app. I recommended you run firewall software on your devices if you are concerned about privacy. I recommended you bring this to the RA and IT. I don't know what else there is to tell you.
  6. Amy_44 said:
    The "IT Guy" is a student and very uncooperative. Please be more helpful.


    It makes no difference what you think of the advice given. It is the correct advice. You live in a dorm where the network, and all infrastructure gear, belong to the campus IT department. They, and only they can assist you. If the student "IT Guy" isn't being cooperative then you need to escalate up the chain.
  7. Per the previous responses, the solution is with your IT department.

    Closing thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

WiFi and Home Networking LAN Internet Access Devices Laptops Connection windows 10