specs: Ryzen 5 2400g
Aorus RX 580 8GB
8GB 2400MHZ Samsung RAM
MSI B350M Gaming Pro Motherboard AM4
EVGA 500W Platinum Certified PSU
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Kingston 120GB SSD
Thermaltake Versa Case

I put an RX 580 8GB into the computer yesterday as an upgrade from the integrated Vega 11 GFX in the Ryzen 5 2400g and that's when it started to happen. I run tests to monitor my GPU's temperature and CPU's temperature and both never go above 70 degrees Celsius, my original hypothesis was that the card was simply over heating because I only had 2 case fans, but after testing it multiple times in game when being stressed, the temperature never has been above 70. I think it's a power supply issue, but I'm really not quite sure I was just wondering if anyone could elaborate if they know of what's going on? I checked before buying the GPU whether my specs were compatible and everything is good, except I have my doubts about running this 500W PSU for juice. Well, thanks for listening to me, if anyone knows anything that may be up, or if I should buy a new PSU please let me know! Thanks again. - Ameer

UPDATE- I was reading another thread and someone was saying that this thing tends to happen with Battle.net games like OW, Diablo 3 etc. they recommended uninstalling/reinstalling Overwatch and the launcher. Then if that's not enough, then they said that reinstalling windows 10 could fix the issue, I'll update again after trying this out.

Good call, when random shutdowns occur under high load it is more than likely the power supply than the motherboard itself (the 2nd suspect)... Quick calc check from Outervision shows 488w recommended so it is a bit of a close shave despite being a platinum model that should be able to handle it no problem (bad things happen to overheated PSUs, it tends to kill capacitors much more quickly... and not to mention, even a highly rated unit can have a dog day).

I would go for 550w minimum, and 600w recommended - depending on if reinstalling your battle.net games and windows 10 itself resolves the problem.