Z390 Aorus Master sound software

Kuimera

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm a big Asus fan, beeing using their motherboards for a while now, but I want to try something different for my new 9900k so I did some digging and the Aorus Master seems a good product.

I'm thinking about buying this board, seems great but I have a question about the sound, I know it has a ESS SABRE 9118 DAC but I can't seem to find nothing about the software it uses, I'm used to the Sonic Studio from asus, and I was wondering if someone here have this board and can give me some insights:

Does it have the option for surround virtualization?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I think it is the same as mine in the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 or very similar as I have the slighter lower 9018 ESS Sabre DAC and 1220 codec. The software used on mine is the Creative Labs SoundblasterX 720...It works perfectly and boy has motherboard audio come on and then some... The Z390 Master might just be Realteks own VB audio engine and will have surround sound virtualization...just looked at the manual....

It is a really nice motherboard which I might upgrade to if ever I go the 9900K route....

Kuimera

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

Thanks a lot for the information, was a bit afraid that the software was lacking in features. comparing with Asus.