Having a trouble as of deciding what to buy as a huge zelda fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2018
So basically at work I got a raise, I do have a gaming pc, it's not the best but I've invested in it for a while and don't want to build a different one.
So basically, I'm stuck between whether or not I should spend money on these things
A wii u and breath of the wild (have played and beat EVERY zelda game before, this is the only one i have not played yet)
A new case for my pc (currently have a pretty beat up corsair 100r, cracked side window, plus i ain't really a big fan of the look and wanna do a good rgb build)
An i7 4770k ( i do stream and edit videos, currently have a i5 4670k overclocked with a cryorig h7)
A new graphics card (have a gtx 780ti msi card, still isn't bad for my 1080p 144hz monitor)
a larger SSD (currently have an ocz 120 gb ssd)
I do know enough about computers to know what i'm doing!
Just having a hard time making a decision and don't wanna get buyers remorse
(in case it matters my power supply is an 850w semi modular bronze power supply bq from evga
EVGA 850 BQ, 80+ BRONZE)

Dec 3, 2018

Dec 3, 2018
I'm asking for opinions on what people think I should go towards , not for someone to post on here being rude and linking to another thread, but thanks anyways for ignoring my very simple question

Specifically you're asking for opinions on what to buy to upgrade your PC, with no mention of what you can afford. Furthermore, since there's a sticky on this very topic, due to most asking such questions not divulging that kind of critical info, and most like you seem to ignore it, I thought it appropriate to provide a link.

If you can't even grasp that a high end video card, the most common way to upgrade a system with a still adequate CPU, costs significantly more than a new case for instance, you clearly need to be schooled on how to set your priorities, or even ask for such help once you do.

There's a myriad of ways this could go, I would think having mentioned five ways yourself would make that clear. The more ways, the more cost scenarios, get it? Maybe stop being so hasty and realize I'm trying to get you to be concise instead of frazzled. There's nothing "rude" about trying to get people to be more frugal on the holidays, but we need to know what you can afford first, especially if you don't want buyer's remorse.

You also mentioned nothing of what PC games you play or which ones if any are having performance issues. In fact the only game you mentioned is a console game that has zero to do with PC Gaming discussion. If you're going to be stubborn about responses and giving us needed info though, good luck, cause I have better things to do.

Dec 3, 2018
I didn't mention a budget cause I do not have one or it would have been mentioned, and no, the way you are going about this is rude, the rudest answer I've ever got ANYWHERE by far, please leave the threat

LOL, fine, let those whom want to guess what you can afford try to help you, because you clearly have no clue how to ask for it, nor will you ever if you keep ignoring help, like that link I posted which is a pretty easy guide on it.

It appears to me you are either not ready to buy, or have to ask mom and for it as a gift, and if that's the case, my guess is you have no clue or just don't care what these things cost either.

The definition of rude is asking for which one of several items to buy, which can vary in price greatly, then throwing an overly defensive hissy fit when asked what the budget is. Seems you're shopping in fantasy land.

Dec 3, 2018

Dec 3, 2018
Unfortunately for you I live alone, what kind of raise would I have got if I was a minor? No I am aware, the Wii u is gonna cost me two hundred with the game, the GTX 1080 I was gonna buy is 325, the new cpu is 180 for a 4770k, a new case is 90 for the one I'm looking at, I was asking for a base opinion , not for recommendations on which of these specific items I want to get , there is no need for you to act like a jackass on Xbox and assume I live with my mother who passed away many years ago, you are acting rude on a forum and you need to stop cause you don't understand the question

Dec 3, 2018

No one could have understood the question because all you did was toss up five options without mentioning any priorities. We don't know why you're considering PC upgrades, what PC games you play or if any are not performing well, whether you're more obsessed with Wii games than PC, etc, etc. All you've done is further complicate the thread now by adding useless info that doesn't get any closer to what you actually WANT or can AFFORD to do, and I think it's because you have no clue what you want.

The hardest threads to give help in are the ones where the person asking help just posts tons of options and tells us zero about what he/she actually wants.

This just makes it all the more clear you really DO need to read that sticky I linked. And I'm sorry but not everyone working is living on their own, and your posts had all the ear markings of being a confused teenager.

Dec 3, 2018

Dec 3, 2018
Please just close the thread, I didn't know people would be making this big of a deal about a simple question on here anyways.

Ironically, THAT is the problem, the question was posed too simply. The sticky thread I linked to gives many tips on how to ask such things. It spends a lot of time talking about priorities. Again, you probably should read it

Dec 3, 2018

I'm sorry but members don't own space here, whether it's a simple thread, or an elaborate tutorial that takes months to complete, such as some of us have done. Had you not been so arrogant as to lash out and treat my response as "rude", instead of matter of fact, helpful advice, maybe your question had been answered by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.