Windows 10 Freezes On Boot

PC Specs:
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 560
CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB
AMD RYZEN 3 1300X 4-Core 3.5 GHz

I have built a new PC and installed windows 10 on it and after it was done I went to load it up. But every time it freezes on the windows logo and spinning dots. There's nothing else on the hard drive and Ive tried taking out the memory and other components but it doesn't do anything different. I haven't done it without the video card though because my motherboard says I need a 7th Gen A series CPU to use the integrated graphics so i have to use the video card.

Any help would be much appreciated.
11 answers Last reply
More about windows freezes boot
  1. try another sata cable from first board slot to the os drive .
  2. scout_03 said:
    try another sata cable from first board slot to the os drive .

That didnt change anything.
  3. could you try the os repair files some could be corrupted .
  4. scout_03 said:
    could you try the os repair files some could be corrupted .

No the auto repair also freezes on the windows logo when its loading, but Im not sure if the files are corrupted anyway because its a fresh install.
  5. that drive you use is new or old i would try to test it in another system .
  6. scout_03 said:
    that drive you use is new or old i would try to test it in another system .

It is an old drive but it does work perfectly well in my other system when I tested it
  7. i would retest it using is maker software and did he already have a os on before the install on this system .
  8. scout_03 said:
    i would retest it using is maker software and did he already have a os on before the install on this system .

No there wasn't an os on the system before hand and what do you mean retest with the maker software?
  9. use the hdd maker software to test it could be bad sector on where you try to install the os boot ini files .
  10. scout_03 said:
    use the hdd maker software to test it could be bad sector on where you try to install the os boot ini files .

No it didnt find anything wrong with the files. Still froze on boot.
  11. see this and check if you did use the right settings in bios for the os install https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/boot-to-uefi-mode-or-legacy-bios-mode
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 New Build