[SOLVED] HELP! Increasingly more common crashes new ssd

Gyrosim

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
My problem:
My system freezes over the course of daily use at increasingly worse periods. To explain, basically you turn on, freezes after an hour, then a half, then 15 mins and so on until it freezes as early as booting. The only way I can seem to trigger it on purpose is a speed up video in Adobe premiere. It crashes instantly every time

I had this problem before on another system which had a dead GPU. I can illiminate that because there are no errors that show just before crashes, and because this GPU was working great in my system before the upgrade.
Notes
I performed a clean install of win 10 pro on my new SSD in a preexisting system. I did copy the program files and x86 over from the old boot drive to speed things up a bit. I soon after cleared that old drive of everything.

The windows boot manager is on another drive and will not boot without it. I did not intend this, but the same thing is true on one of my other systems and it runs fine.

On the windows initial loading you get
https://drive.google.com/a/cesuvt.org/file/d/1Da73S7SB-s9glpITESmdVV7YeG3yrUpa/view?usp=drivesdk

Things that I have tried
(with the premeire test as well)
Taking out my new stick of RAM
Removing the overclock on my RAM
Unplugging other drives
Checking boot proritu and messing around with that
Resolving some errors.
I of course made sure a boot media from the old drive and flash drive we're gone.
Runs games fine, handles beautiful fast until it doesn't or premiere.

Things I haven't gotten to test
Should I?
Resetting bios, not an expert on that
Cmos
Clean install, I wouldn't loose to much, but less than ideal
Different hardware, I have access to a 770 and a 750ti, that's pretty much it
USB related errors I see and the fact that my USB headset suddendly stopped working on USB 3 (default drivers refused to install)
Other errors with permissions in the registry which I think I have corrected for some, but not all.

Could I have shorted something on my mobile during the install, I did loose that screw for a bit and didn't drain the power supply before that happened. Is it hardware or software? Thanks so much for helping out. Life would suck without this community

Specs
R5 2600x
Msi b450m mortar
16 gb 2133 (2x8)
1tb HDD
250gb HDD
120gb SSD
500gb crucial p1 m.2 SSD (new)
GTX 980ti
Triple monitors in nv surround
Win 10 pro updated fresh
A cooler that's so good, it makes my system freeze... Get it?

Solution
I performed a clean install of win 10 pro on my new SSD in a preexisting system. I did copy the program files and x86 over from the old boot drive

installing win 10 on another system won't help really as it will have all the wrong drivers unless system is exactly same parts apart from drive. copying old X86 over and program files doesn't install the programs, the registry still can't see the programs and windows can't see them either.

What is on old system drive you wiped? Try installing win 10 on it and see if you still get freezes.

Have you tried in safe mode to see if it still freezes? it only uses Microsoft drivers there so might show if its hardware or drivers.
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I performed a clean install of win 10 pro on my new SSD in a preexisting system. I did copy the program files and x86 over from the old boot drive

installing win 10 on another system won't help really as it will have all the wrong drivers unless system is exactly same parts apart from drive. copying old X86 over and program files doesn't install the programs, the registry still can't see the programs and windows can't see them either.

What is on old system drive you wiped? Try installing win 10 on it and see if you still get freezes.

Have you tried in safe mode to see if it still freezes? it only uses Microsoft drivers there so might show if its hardware or drivers.
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
that restart PC in blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

wait and see if it freezes.

Solution