[SOLVED] New computer only boots to bios

Dec 31, 2018
I just put together my first computer and I’m trying to put windows 10 on it.
Msi tomahawk
Ryzen 5 1600x
Corsair 3200
Msi rx560
128 ssd
Everything powers on and goes to the bios but when I try to set the boot priority to my flash drive with windows 10 it still boots to bios. Any ideas to get the ssd to download windows?

I’m not exactly sure if I have the right bootable file I went on windows.com and downloaded “windows 10 disk image (iso file)” and 64 bit then put that file on a hard drive

Solution
I'm assuming the flash drive is a bootable win10. When you go into the bios does it show the USB and the ssd? You might want to look for an option to enable boot from USB. But it may already be set up that way. Usually when everything is hooked up and you power on the computer it will say something like "insert bootable media and restart or press any key"

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
I'm assuming the flash drive is a bootable win10. When you go into the bios does it show the USB and the ssd? You might want to look for an option to enable boot from USB. But it may already be set up that way. Usually when everything is hooked up and you power on the computer it will say something like "insert bootable media and restart or press any key"

Solution