HELP. Locked out of windows after a failed factory reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madsvags

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
Hello.

I did a factory reset on my windows 10 pc. During the reset, the installation got stuck on 31%. After 3 hours of it being stuck, I decided to turn my computer off and on. Now I'm stuck in the lock screen, without possiblity to change password because I've got no internet. I then decided to buy ISunShare(Windows Reset Password Tool) on a laptop and burned it onto a usb. Now I have a new problem, the tool(ISunShare) is unable to find windows, and im guessing this is because I somewhat deleted it during the factory reset?

I've tried to fix this for 2 days without any solutions. What should I do? Would really appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks.

Solution
You need to get your system to successfully install Windows 10 to be able to do anything. Are you overclocking anything on this PC (memory, CPU, GPU)?

You may need to download a fresh Win 10 ISO and burn to DVD/write to USB drive and re-install from there. Did you backup your files before attempting the reset?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

By the way, the ISunShare tool likely won't work anyway AND a refund is almost 100% out of the question based on complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You need to get your system to successfully install Windows 10 to be able to do anything. Are you overclocking anything on this PC (memory, CPU, GPU)?

You may need to download a fresh Win 10 ISO and burn to DVD/write to USB drive and re-install from there. Did you backup your files before attempting the reset?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

By the way, the ISunShare tool likely won't work anyway AND a refund is almost 100% out of the question based on complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau.

Solution

madsvags

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply.
So you're telling me Im able to reinstall windows 10 on my pc without accessing the computer? Because now, like i said, im stuck in the lock screen and im unable to connect to wifi because my wifi adapter didnt work (Which was the main reason i decided to factory reset).

I didnt back up anything, because I mainly have everything automatically downloaded on onedrive.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Re-installing Windows will do what a factory rest does in that you'll have a fresh Windows install. You'll still need to install all of your applications, games, etc. You will also lose any files on the drive Windows get installed to.

madsvags

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018

Okay, thank you so much.
Is there any chance you have a step-by-step turtorial on how to do this?
Just download windows 10 on a usb, then boot my computer through the usb?
I'm not good with this kind of stuff so its all really confusing to me.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Go to the link I provided earlier. The tool you download there will help you get the installation file set up so it is bootable. Then boot your PC from that device (USB drive or DVD) and follow the prompts. Very straight forward.

Click on "Create Windows 10 installation media" on the earlier link.

madsvags

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018

Okay.. I don't have a USB driver with 8GB space, so I'll buy one tomorrow and try it out. Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.