[SOLVED] Windows 10 Boot Looping

Jan 1, 2019
Hello everyone, new here, bit of a long winded story here;

I recently purchased an SSD to go with my old PC, I don't know the specs exactly, but it's an old Athlone X3 465, GTX 660 8GB Corsair vengeance and I'm unsure about the PC, however, when I installed the SSD it worked fine for the first day. The second day however when I went to turn on my PC I kept getting stuck in a boot loop.

I wasn't getting any error codes or beeps before, however, I am now getting an error code of 0x000014c, I have tried a bunch of stuff in the command prompt regarding fixing it, none of that has worked and now my PC won't even let me get to the command prompt without rebooting.

I have disconnected the SSD and even the HDD (which has Windows installed on it) and tried booting through a USB with the creation thing on it.

Another thing that may be worth mentioning is every time I attempt to go to the BIOS after about 10 seconds the PC will freeze forcing me to reboot it. I have tried removing RAM, and trying different RAM and that hasn't worked. And I assume the error code is due to corrupt windows software but when I tried to reinstall it via the USB it kept bootlooping.

Any help would be necessary as I am at my Witt's end.

Thank you all.

Solution
Bit of an update, I have managed to get it to do system diagnostic by pressing F9 on boot, it is saying that all the components have passed if that makes a difference to anything at all. Thank you! Along with the 0xc000014c error it is saying;
FILE:\ WINDOWS\system32\config\system
As I have already mentioned, I attempted the registry fix in cmd prompt but now I can't even access that :/.
Jan 1, 2019
Bit of an update, I have managed to get it to do system diagnostic by pressing F9 on boot, it is saying that all the components have passed if that makes a difference to anything at all. Thank you! Along with the 0xc000014c error it is saying;
FILE:\ WINDOWS\system32\config\system
As I have already mentioned, I attempted the registry fix in cmd prompt but now I can't even access that :/.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS