[SOLVED] Blue Spots on Monitor

Addsome

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hello everyone, I have had an Asus PG348Q for close to 3 years now and just spotted 2 "blue spots" today. The spots don't look like dead pixels, the spots show up even if I use different DP or HDMI cables and different slots on my graphics card. I also tested my graphics cards on another monitor and there were no spots so I am sure its my monitor. The blue spots are always in the exact same spot, can it be burn-in? I also tried to clean the screen but it seems like the spots are below the screen glass.

I recently moved my monitor from my dorm to back home. My mom held it on her lap and we were sure to be careful. This was about 1.5 weeks ago and everything worked fine but I saw the blue spots today, so I'm not sure if moving it did any damage. I don't know if they were here from before or they happened within the last day as they are pretty hard to see. Getting my phone camera to pick them up took a little trial and error, I had to lower contrast pretty low. They are noticeable to the naked eye on a white background though and I spotted them while reading comments on YouTube. Thanks for the help!

Picture Here

Solution
I think it looks to me like it's hardware failure.
I've replaced hundreds of monitors and I've seen quite a bit.
I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it.
If it bothered me I'd start thinking about a new monitor.
Although it may never get any worse....so maybe you want to wait a bit if it doesn't bother you the way it is.
I think it looks to me like it's hardware failure.
I've replaced hundreds of monitors and I've seen quite a bit.
I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it.
If it bothered me I'd start thinking about a new monitor.
Although it may never get any worse....so maybe you want to wait a bit if it doesn't bother you the way it is.

Solution

Addsome

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Is it just a failure with the panel? It doesn't look like dead or stuck pixels. Right now it doesn't bother me as its barely visible but I am disappointed as I was hoping to resell this monitor in the future to fund a new monitor purchase. So now I'm out about $700 but that's life. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. Is there anything I could do to try and fix it? Like a dead pixel fixer or massaging the screen?

Edit*: Also, anything I can do to make sure it does not get worse?

"Also, anything I can do to make sure it does not get worse? "

I would be gentle with it.

....but when I see things like that on monitors....in general....they aren't fixable....at least by myself and most other people. If you come across a fix, please post...but I'm thinking it's doubtful you will.