acer kg271u black screen flickering while in game

VoidPlays

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
So I just went and bought a new monitor, acer kg271u, and had just set everything up and it was working perfectly fine at 1440p but then I got into a game and the screen would flicker really badly. The game would keep playing but the screen would be black, from half a second to 15. I've tried both the HDMI and dp cables that came with it and nothing seems to fix it, but using the hdmi helps a little. Anything that could help would be appreciated

Jun 24, 2018
Not a solution, but I have the same problem. I RMA'd my new RX580 (which XFX said wasn't broken but sent a new one anyways after testing it). I replaced my DP cord, no luck. Using an HDMI decreases the problem. Dropping to 1080p improves it further, sometimes solving the problem. But I bought a 4K monitor. Sucks to have to operate at 1080p. I even reinstalled windows, clean installed gpu drivers, reinstalled monitor drivers, and still I get black screen. My monitor just started failing to a green screen as well, which sent me off to the forums again...

Any help/suggestions with this?

Asus Crosshair IV
Windows 10
8gb RAM
RX580
Acer CB281HK monitor