Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure

weaver11b

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I just purchased an Asus ROG Strix Hero II a few weeks ago and am having a heck of a time trying to figure out the Driver Power State Failure, each and everytime after I wake it up from a sleep it get the BSOD. Sometimes it gets to 100% it reboots on its own and sometimes it does not. I have tried numerous different solutions, did a FRESH windows 10 install lastnight and thought i had the problem resolved. Sadly I do not, I was able to grab a system dump and will have it posted here.

System Dump Link

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 8750H
RAM 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive 250GB NVME/ 1000 GB Hybrid Drive
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Please help me out, feel like I got a lemon laptop and i love Asus, never had any problems until now!

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and replying!

***UPDATE***

Implicit thread is now ffff9d0f`d630f040
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvvhci.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvvhci.sys
Probably caused by : xusb22.sys ( xusb22!XenonBusInformation: :OnD0Entry+3f )

So after some more research and reading the debugger I found that the culprit may have been my nVidia Shield TV controller. The filename is nvvhci.sys and then says it could possibly be caused by xusb22.sys (which is an xbox controller driver). Turns out I did not have the xbox controller connected so narrowed it down to the nVidia controller. Tested by putting my laptop to sleep for a few mins and am still able to use it with no BSOD. Typically would have had the BSOD after a few mins of returning from sleep. Just in case anyone else has this issue check your game controllers. Will keep an eye on this and update as necessary.

weaver11b

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I had the nvidia controller connected via bluetooth; when the PC would wake up from sleep it would take about a minute before the bluescreen would happen. I then disconnected the nvidia controller from bluetooth and have yet to experience the blue screen. That is even with using an xbox controller in place of the nvidia one. So just swapping controllers and making sure the nvidia controller wasnt connected to bluetooth fixed my problem.