Dual Monitors Problem

daniel_326

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Hi i recently bought another monitor, and it connects just fine and all- however, Only one monitor will actually have all functions. Is this something that happens? I can open up the windows taskbar menu and the calender in windows 10 and all, but if i try and click a taskbar icon on the 2nd monitor it'll show up on my main monitor instead of that one. I've uploaded an unlisted video to show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT6_q-d642w
Also, it wont let me change my main display. The box is grayed out. I can drag windows to my other monitior however, just not open anything on it.

Solution
That's normal. Monitors don't act like separate computers. All programs default to opening on the main monitor. Once you move it, windows saves the location after you close it. The next time you open it, it opens on whichever monitor it was closed on. As far as switching main monitor, make sure to click the correct one.
That's normal. Monitors don't act like separate computers. All programs default to opening on the main monitor. Once you move it, windows saves the location after you close it. The next time you open it, it opens on whichever monitor it was closed on. As far as switching main monitor, make sure to click the correct one.

Solution