[SOLVED] So will there be no more budget gsync monitors with gsync module?

Kratos12

Reputable
May 8, 2015
I actually liked the higher quality of the gsync monitors with the modules. My Dell S2716DG is an awesome gsync panel at $300. Will manufacturers stop making gsync panels like these and reserve gsync for ultra high end? The FreeSync alternatives don’t have as good a range or don’t support overdrive as good as gsync.

Solution
I doubt the (relatively) budget G-Sync panels will be going anywhere. At the end of the day, look at the numbers quoted of FreeSync panels that are actually verified/certified as fully G-Sync compatible. It's <10 vs 3000 tested panels (or something like that).

While it's going to be possible to enable G-Sync, it's not going to be as great an experience as a 'true' G-Sync panel. Even the select few certified models are likely to differ.

If anything, there might be a slight pricing reduction overall (as in, for the modules/licensing) to ensure 'true' G-Sync remains an attractive proposition.... but G-Sync has always carried a premium - so I wouldn't anticipate a whole lot changing.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I doubt the (relatively) budget G-Sync panels will be going anywhere. At the end of the day, look at the numbers quoted of FreeSync panels that are actually verified/certified as fully G-Sync compatible. It's <10 vs 3000 tested panels (or something like that).

While it's going to be possible to enable G-Sync, it's not going to be as great an experience as a 'true' G-Sync panel. Even the select few certified models are likely to differ.

If anything, there might be a slight pricing reduction overall (as in, for the modules/licensing) to ensure 'true' G-Sync remains an attractive proposition.... but G-Sync has always carried a premium - so I wouldn't anticipate a whole lot changing.

Solution