Program starting with Win 10 login despite Windows and app settings

MasterZoen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080 and there are 2 apps that Gigabyte wants you to install to control the videocard: Aorus Engine and RGB Fusion. Aorus Engine controls the speed of the card's GPU and fans, and RGB Fusion controls the card's LEDs. I noticed that Logitech Gaming Framework would constantly switch from the Web Browser profile I made to the default profile after 1 second. I tracked this issue down to the RGB Fusion application. You can change the settings for Aorus Engine to not start with Windows and that works fine, but RGB Fusion is still loading at Startup and there is no setting option to disable this within the RGB Fusion app.

I've checked the Startup folder and it's not there. I've checked the Windows Settings>Apps>Startup menu and it's not there either. Anybody know where to look for the startup of this app and how to disable it?

Solution
Hi, most startup programs can be disabled with a Microsoft tool called AutoRuns. Be careful, you can disable too much. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Open it and allow it to load. Click on the Options menu and be sure there's a check by Hide Microsoft Entries. That will hide most (but not all Microsoft stuff). Don't disable any Microsoft stuff or you may find your system won't boot.

There is a basic "search" that you can use. It's the "Filter" on the toolbar. I would probably search for giga and do several other relevant searches to see what all you can find.

Determining which program does what will be up to you. I can't help much with that.

If you can't find what you are looking for...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, most startup programs can be disabled with a Microsoft tool called AutoRuns. Be careful, you can disable too much. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Open it and allow it to load. Click on the Options menu and be sure there's a check by Hide Microsoft Entries. That will hide most (but not all Microsoft stuff). Don't disable any Microsoft stuff or you may find your system won't boot.

There is a basic "search" that you can use. It's the "Filter" on the toolbar. I would probably search for giga and do several other relevant searches to see what all you can find.

Determining which program does what will be up to you. I can't help much with that.

If you can't find what you are looking for, there's another option. The Clean Boot. It's a bit more complicated. Let me know if you want to try that and I'll give further instructions if needed.

Solution

MasterZoen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

Thanks, this worked perfectly. Apparently, the program was being started by a registry entry. Unticked it, restarted and voila! No more problems with Logitech Gaming Framework losing focus on the program I'm using.