GTX new adaptive sync/free sync compatibility

Hey everyone. I currently have a free sync monitor and and a RX 570, but if I were to get a 2060 would I still be able to use free sync? I’ve seen some articles about how Nvidia might be adding support for it, so I was curious to wether I should upgrade or not. Will it only work with new free sync monitors?

Solution
Here's the thing. NVidia *is* implementing a form of it for the 10xx and 20xx series of cards. You can turn it on with any monitor that supports free sync, however, it might not work, right, it might not work at all, or it could work flawlessly and be indistinguishable from G-Sync. NVidia is in the process of testing monitors that will work correctly out of the box with no adjustments. The monitors they deem to fulfill all of the check boxes for them will automatically enable freesync. But, there will be a check box in the NVidia control panel for enabling a G-Sync type for freesync. The new driver comes out the 15th. We'll have to wait and see, but I can guarantee you there'll be a flood of new posts about what works and doesn't...
Here's the thing. NVidia *is* implementing a form of it for the 10xx and 20xx series of cards. You can turn it on with any monitor that supports free sync, however, it might not work, right, it might not work at all, or it could work flawlessly and be indistinguishable from G-Sync. NVidia is in the process of testing monitors that will work correctly out of the box with no adjustments. The monitors they deem to fulfill all of the check boxes for them will automatically enable freesync. But, there will be a check box in the NVidia control panel for enabling a G-Sync type for freesync. The new driver comes out the 15th. We'll have to wait and see, but I can guarantee you there'll be a flood of new posts about what works and doesn't. I'm hoping to get 3d Vision to work on my awesomesauce freesync monitor with my 1080Ti.

Solution
If your current monitor does Free Sync fine, there's no reason it shouldn't continue working that way unless flubs it up.
There are a fair number of bargain basement FS monitors with very narrow VRR range and/or terrible ghosting. They don't provide a good experience regardless of AMD/Nvidia.