usb 3.0 driver

Jan 13, 2019
Ok so i have a hp pavilion that i just updated to win 10 pro 64....it has usb 3.0 ports on the front. The problem im having is if i connect a mouse or key board to the ports it works initially...however if i restart the pc the ports will not start...there is power still at the port just nothing works...so i unplug remove the driver restart....and its working again fine...just cant leave anything plugged into the port..if you do it wont start..ive literally done every suggested fix i could find on the internet and nothing works...and honestly im out of ideas..maybe the ports are just meant for like data transfer? like for short term use only...i have zero problem with the 2.0 ports on the rear...and im not sure if it was doing this before the update...oh and i cant roll the driver back either.. so any clue? thanks in advance..

Colif

Win 11 Master
USB 3 drivers are built into windows 10 so even if you did remove them, they will come back next restart.

Check HP web site for your model and see if you have latest BIOS and motherboard software as it might be another driver causing the conflict

Jan 13, 2019
There is no bios update for this pc unfortunately...its as updated as it's gonna get...and yes they do come back after reboot...however they will not if something is plugged into the ports...that is the problem...