Windows Update Problem!

Jan 14, 2019
Hello. I have a problem updating my Windows 10 PC. Each time I try to update there is a message on screen that reads the following: "Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware". Running Windows on a Samsung SSD 256GB plus a Seagate Barracuda 2TB for extra storage. I tried the msr partition thing but it read the following message "No usable free extent could be found. It may be that there is insufficient
free space to create a partition at the specified size and offset. Specify
different size and offset values or don't specify either to create the
maximum sized partition. It may be that the disk is partitioned using the MBR disk
partitioning format and the disk contains either 4 primary partitions, (no
more partitions may be created), or 3 primary partitions and one extended
partition, (only logical drives may be created)."
I have 185GB left on the SSD so it can't be because i dont have enough space! Please help me!

Jan 8, 2019
Hello,

The simple solution of this error is to Change the layout of HHD or SSD in question to GPT but doing so on a disk that has the window installed
pretty high chance of window corrupting the instance of window install on it and making a disk entirely unbootable.

The OP can try this approach without data loss.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

" MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record (MBR) to the GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition style without modifying or deleting data on the disk"....

"MBR2GPT.EXE is located in the Windows\System32 directory on a computer running Windows 10 version 1703 (also known as the Creator's Update) or later. "

Solution