[SOLVED] A line in my laptop display panel

Sudhakar_shady

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Greetings.
I bought my laptop 8 months back.
After 5 month i started to see a straight translucent white line in my screen. Can you help me with this?

5kha3s.jpg
or http://i67.tinypic.com/5kha3s.jpg

Please help me what should i do to fix this

Solution
go into the BIOS of your laptop and see if the line shows up in there. if it does then it is definitely a hardware problem and at that point you should contact your laptop manufacturer for repair under warranty

Sudhakar_shady

Prominent
May 28, 2017

Yes it shows in BIOS. Is there any easy fix?

Sudhakar_shady

Prominent
May 28, 2017

Some online people told to twist the panel at an forward motion and backward for a few times.If i do.The line gets thinner and less visible.Any ideas on this?

if you have to physically do anything to the monitor to improve the issue then there is a serious defect with it.

contact the manufacturer of your laptop

Your picture looks more like a line of debris on top of your screen, rather than a line inside the screen. I've noticed with laptops, when you close them and carry them in a bag so stuff presses against the lid, oils and gunk on the keyboard often get transferred to the screen. And since the keys are arranged in straight lines, the gunk appears as lines on the screen. Judging from your picture, it doesn't look like the screen has been cleaned in a while. Have you tried rubbing the line to see if it comes off?