Thoughts on the build and possible compatibility issues

Jan 18, 2019
Hi all,

I was thinking about building my first PC. Had one before, but didn't build it myself. I would like whoever can to give thoughts about it and if I might have any compatibility issues because that is what worries me the most since, as I said, it is my first build. :)

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (Cryorig H7 cooler)
MSI AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Kingston A400 480G SSD 480GB 2.5”
Seagate Pipeline HDD 2TB SATA3 64MB Cache 3.5"
MSI B450 Tomahawk
COOLERMASTER 650W 80+ Bronze 120mm vent. ATX v2.31
Silverstone RL06BR-Pro ATX

I'll mostly use it for gaming (LoL, Witcher III, upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, some RTS), heavy browsing, audio/video playback.

I would be satisfied with around 60 FPS in Witcher III and Cyberpunk 2077 especially. For everything else mentioned I would like around 120 FPS. My preferred resolution would is 1080p. As for the game settings I would like some combination between the highest and next to highest combination but I'm open for the compromise since I'm on a budget and I'm aware that You can game comfortably and smoothly even on lower than the highest only if You know to adjust the settings right.

My budget is somewhere between 950 € - 1100 €. Prices where I live are quite higher. For example, in USA PC I would like to build would cost me around 950 $. So, please, take that in consideration

I owned a PC before but it was built for me by a shop I bought it in. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy it, but I've spent a lot of time planning to. :D For the most part I'm pretty sure I would like to stick with chosen CPU (was thinking between 5 1600x and 5 2600x), GPU (RX 580 4GB would also be fine, but I would rather go for 8GB just so it might last me a bit longer), RAM (I'm open for advices here too, but from my research I found this is one of the best options for this CPU) and case (airflow and price would be the most important to me). Everything else can be changed but I would like to have an SSD of at least 250 GB and HDD of 2 TB. I'm not sure if motherboard I picked is the right choice but it was highly recommended on a quite few places for mid-range gaming builds. I wouldn't like it to be some overkill for the rest of the PC. Although I'm aware how important part of the PC MOBO is, I wouldn't like to overpay for it. Also, I'm thinking about adding a network card to the build (mostly for the Bluetooth). As for the PSU, I tried to get into it more, but it can be so confusing at times. The only thing I know is that it is recommended to get a bit more wattage than Your system needs according to the wattage calculators. I would also like some recommendations for a decent monitor; let's say 144 hz, 1ms response time, 1080p resolution if possible with Freesync.

I've done some research before this post and I have intention to continue it but would like for some feedback from You guys if You would be so kind.

Thanks.

G.Skill has a separate line of memory for AMD in addition to their Trident Z line that is qualified for Intel motherboards. For example:
[Trident Z RGB (For AMD)] F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX

Ryzen 5 1600X
Supported memory: DDR4-2666

Speeds higher than 2666MHz may require an overclocked CPU. Ryzen 2000 Series CPUs feature an improved memory controller that allows the next higher frequency speed to be supported over previous models such as the 1600x.

InfoSponge16

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
For your setup, the memory is the most important thing that you need to ensure is compatible.

See your board makers approved memory list to see if that memory is there.

If so then continue with your build.

It is also important to consider what your intended purpose of the build is. It appears to be an all around machine.

For that card, you can game maxed 1080p or doing well with 1440p. If you intend to upgrade cards later then you could consider some 4k monitor and turn down its settings to 1440-1080p

I would get a Free sync monitor that supports max refresh rates. Somewhere in the range of 144hz at native res of 1440 or 1080p. That gets you a 24" monitor if I am correct. Could be a 27" at 1440p

That is the difficult part about choosing monitors.
I am partial to Viewsonic. They have some good monitors for what I have listed for around 280$ US.

Jan 18, 2019
I would be fine with 1080p monitor. I will use it for gaming (LoL, upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, Quake champions, Unreal Tournament, some RTS too), heavy browsing and audio/video playback. Thanks for Your feedback guys. I'll probably update this post since it was posted in rush.