after moving into my new apartment my Benq monitor will not recognize the cables are in place.

H4boxer

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I made this PC myself. Only after moving has this happened. I've used various HDMI cords incase one was faulty but no, same result everytime.

Just bought this wifi adapter for my PC so I ddint have to worry about long ass ethernet cables going from room to room.

PC boots up fine, no weird sounds and Benq monitor starts right but wont display my PC output on regardless of which port/cable I use. on the monitor I use or.

I've tired HDMI to my TV and same probelm.

Safe to say my PC might be the culprit. IdK lol thanks for any and help.

Its greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Solution
What has confused things here is you did say you had the pc running with a 32" Tv, so our answers were based on that. Did you test xbox?

If it is your PC, could be as simple as hdmi plug not fitting in the graphics card all the way? It has happened to others where the case gets in the way by a millimetre. Check the hdmi plug isnt touching the case as the Hdmi plug casing can be quite large with some cables and depending how close the Hdmi port is to the case.

H4boxer

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from H4boxer : "I Have Benq monitor that I have been using in conjunction with the PC I built. however.."

My monitor will not recognize input from the PC. I've tried 4 quality hDMI cables and still the same result. My monitor will tell me that no input is coming thru from the PC.

Monitor and PC both start right up without any odd noice. it was working fine till I moved into my new home. I built my PC without including a wifi adapter. Currently bought. Wifi adapter since I dont wont ethernet cables going from one room to the other.

Anyone else had this problem and solved a fix. I'd be very grateful for any input.

Thanks for the help if it makes sense to you lol. I can give
Specific details if necessary. Just my comp back up and running lol.

Seriously, thank you for the time to read this:) have a good weekend cosmonauts!

H4boxer

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from H4boxer : "after moving into my new apartment my Benq monitor will not recognize the cables are in place."

I've tried multiple hdmi cables with the same result [input not found].
My PC turns on without any weird noises and the monitor will boot up and work also but no Input is found.

Just odd.

Just I buy a new HDMi cable?

The things is all the HDMi cables I have will work with my xbox one and xbox 360.

If anyone that has experienced this, could you give me advise on why my
PC isnt recognizes my monitor via HD all the sudden?

Thanks for any help, its appreciated. I have litecoin avaible to trade for me to get back up and running if you're intersted.

Thank you!

H4boxer

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Just the monitor it seems. I finally got it my PC to link up with my 32"in tv via HDMI. However still cant get the benq monitor to receive input from PC. "hdmi is not connected"

So this makes me think it's the monitor. I've tried using DVI on the benq monitor and same issue as hdmi. My benq monitor doesnt display my PC. PC and monitor both turn on.

I recieved the Benq load screen when powering it up. So the monitor cant be completely trash now right?

Any help, if it's happened to you or if you know a link that I can read and try to figure it out.

Apologies for spamming.

Thanks everybody.

H4boxer

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I havent yet. Just got home from work.

Monitor is BenQ RL 2460-B

Just checked monitor menu. I'm unable to get there. All buttons only give me an option of picking a input source or turning the monitor off....

boju

Titan
Ambassador

We want input source, make sure it's on the right input source is what i meant.

If xbox too doesn't show a picture (right input source selected) then theres something wrong with the monitor. There's really not much to monitors.

Perhaps hold the power button for 30 seconds. Probably wont do anything.

H4boxer

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Holding power button didnt work. Now my PC wont output video to my 32" tv nor 47" TV. I'm thinking it's my PC. I was very careful handling it when moving. Idk. Gonna look for a tech store and bring it into them to see if they cant figure it out.

I've opened it up and everything turns on (CPU fan is spinning, msi GPU lights up, PSU is running and not hot to the touch -evga 600b-) no loose connections that I can see inside the box. I'll take it somewhere and get their opinion before I start dismantling anything.

Thanks for the reading and helpful answers . Just want my PC back lol on the edge of stripping my PC and selling off parts and build a better computer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What has confused things here is you did say you had the pc running with a 32" Tv, so our answers were based on that. Did you test xbox?

If it is your PC, could be as simple as hdmi plug not fitting in the graphics card all the way? It has happened to others where the case gets in the way by a millimetre. Check the hdmi plug isnt touching the case as the Hdmi plug casing can be quite large with some cables and depending how close the Hdmi port is to the case.

Solution