Gaming PC Build Suggestions

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
A couple things jump out at me...
The GTX 2060 is overkill for the Ryzen 3. CPU bottleneck will keep it from performing at full usage.
The GTX 2060 is wayyy overkill for 1080p/60Hz. You'll only "see" 60 fps max on a 60Hz V. refresh display. The GTX 2060 is a 1440p/120Hz card easily.
None of those things will hurt, but places you may want to either spend more on (CPU and monitor), or places you may want to cut back on to save money (or put the $ elsewhere)

Jan 22, 2019

Ok I see, so what CPU would be a good pairing with a RTX 2060? Ryzen 5 2600? And what graphics card would be sufficient for 1080p/60Hz? I was also thinking of waiting to see what the new Navi GPU's and Ryzen Zen 2 Chips look like before buying anything.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The R5 2600 would be ideal for keeping up with the RTX 2060. The GTX 1060, RX-580/590 are more than adequate for 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. Even the GTX 1070 if you want higher frame rates for less visible benefits like input lag.

Holding out for the latest and greatest also has its benefits. But keep in mind, there will always be something better just around the corner. As to the Rzyen 3000-series, it appears at this time that the release date will be sometime in Q2. Maybe along with the 500-series boards as well. But when new tech is announced, it usually sells at a premium for awhile.
As to the gfx cards, The AMD Navi looks to be a July launch. The Nvidia GTX 1660, 1660 Ti is set to launch in Feb.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes I agree, I would get at least a 2600. As for motherboard, the MSI is decent but I have the ROG B450 and it is an excellent motherboard. You don't need the case fans either, NZXT includes at least one for the exhaust.

Jan 22, 2019

Ok thank you so much for the feedback, I think that I will probably get the R5 2600.

Jan 22, 2019

But more fans will keep the PC cooler resulting in better performance right?

g-unit1111

Titan

Not always. The thing with case fans is that you don't want too many otherwise air starts getting recirculated, which in turn can hinder performance. The key is that you want air to move through your case. And the way to go about achieving that is that you have fewer fans but placed strategically so that air goes through it.

Jan 22, 2019

Ok so what configuration is best?

g-unit1111

Titan

Also make sure the PSU fan is facing DOWN toward the vent. If it's facing up then air will get recirculated.

Jan 22, 2019

Ok will do.

In case there was any confusion from gunit's post. PSUs blow their hot air out the back grille where you plug the power cord into. That means, on typical 120mm fan PSUs, the fan is blowing air into the PSU. if you have that fan inside the case, it's blowing hot air from inside the case into/ through your PSU. Most decent cases these days have a vent for the PSU so it's sucking cool fresh air from outside the case. That's a better situation for the PSU.

Jan 22, 2019

Ahh ok yeah that makes sense thanks