[SOLVED] Why Am I Getting BSODs?

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
Whenever I run AIDA 64 or Prime95 V 26.6 I encounter a BSOD. Sometimes it occurs immediately after starting the test or up to 15 minutes after the start. I don’t get a BSOD in any other program. My CPU is not overheating, my max temp is 69 C. Also, I’m not overclocking. I have checked my RAM for errors using the Windows memory error checker and MemTest86, none were found.
Also, after checking BlueScreenView it appears that the program causing the bad pool header is storport.sys and ntoskrnl.exe for the IRQL error.

UPDATE: The issue was resolved by reinstalling Windows. Turns out some drivers were corrupt.

BSOD Error Codes Encountered: BAD_POOL_HEADER or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Windows 10 Version: 1809 (October 2018 Update)
CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ Stock clock speed and voltage.
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270XP SLI
BIOS Version: F8
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2400 MHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 3 GB
PSU: Corsair RM650X

If you need anymore info let me know. Thanks!

Solution
That is very strange. The reason I suggested it is the errors you're getting combined with the tools you were using for diagnostics.

If you are running XMP profiles for your ram try disabling them temporarily. Sometimes they get it wrong. It sounds a lot like a hardware problem, not a software one.

I would be most prone to suspect a bad cpu or psu in this case. I'd recommend asking this question in: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-31.html (systems)

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
There are a few things that could be wrong. You might not be giving your CPU enough power for the OC you've done. If what you're doing with AIDA64 is a GPU test, that could also be the problem, but it's less likely since you also have problems with Prime95.

In other words. Increase your Vcore 1 step, try stresstest again, repeat... Do this 3-4 times. If nothing changes try disabling your XMP profiles temporarily to see if they're causing a problem.

Also this seems to be a misplaced topic. It has very little to do with Windows 10 and more to do with:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-29.html (Overclocking)

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018

I’m not overclocking. All voltage and clocks are at factory settings.

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
That is very strange. The reason I suggested it is the errors you're getting combined with the tools you were using for diagnostics.

If you are running XMP profiles for your ram try disabling them temporarily. Sometimes they get it wrong. It sounds a lot like a hardware problem, not a software one.

I would be most prone to suspect a bad cpu or psu in this case. I'd recommend asking this question in: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-31.html (systems)

Solution

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018

XMP is disabled. And I don’t test my GPU in AIDA 64. Also, I don’t experience BSODs in any other program. I have checked the memory dump using BlueScreenViewer and it says storport.sys is causing the BSODs.