Does the Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset & Motion Controller work with Steam? And is it a good option for the cheap price?

Aug 1, 2018
I really want the Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset & Motion Controller, but can't find anywhere whether or not it is compatible with Steam... does it? And is it a good option for the cheap price?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would expect that the Acer Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) works just as well as my Lenovo version does; which is pretty well. Unfortunately, I haven't tried too many games using it and you do need a somewhat beefy system for it to run (see my specs in my signature block). Additionally. you should make sure that the game you're wanting to play runs under WMR.

The problem that I'm worried about is Microsoft themselves. If it's not making them money, they drop support, just like they did for Windows Media Center or third party XP software like ATI's All-In-Wonder software.

If you're just wanting to get a taste of VR, then it's probably not a bad little investment, but if you're definitely wanting to delve into VR, then I'd recommend going with either the HTC or Oculus options.

-Wolf sends